Q. I feel small ball-like lumps inside both the breasts. What to do now?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 29, 2022

I am a 28-year-old female. I have had pain in both breasts for two years. I feel small naphthalene ball-like lumps inside the breast. I consulted a local physician and did a USG of both the breasts, and no lumps were reported. My pain has not reduced. I still feel the lumps. What to do now?

#

Most likely, from what you mentioned, you have a benign condition called fibrocystic disease. The management is according to the stage of the disease.

I suggest;

1. Wear a soft bra.

2. Ibuprofen as a painkiller.

3. Oral contraceptive pills like Gynera. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and start taking the medicines with their consent.

4. Follow-up is required.

|