Q. Why are my breasts hurting after taking the first COVID shot?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am in my early teens and my both breasts have been hurting since I have taken the first COVID shot.

The pain comes and goes throughout the day and it has been there for a few months now. There is a harder tissue and lump, exactly the same in both breasts.

My breasts have been of the same size ever since they started growing and never really changed.

Breast cancer does not run in my family at all.

I am very anxious about it so I just wanted someone to explain what this could be.

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

Breast cancer is completely out of the question because you are too young to have it; and secondly, it does not occur symmetrically in both breasts so stay away from breast cancer thoughts.

As per your description and your age, I will say that it is just your puberty causing your breasts to grow.

It is a completely normal phenomenon and the pain will stop in a few days.

In case the pain gets severe, you can take the tablet Dolowin plus (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) SOS (as and when required).

Still, if you want to make sure that there is no disease, then the best way out will be a mammogram.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|