Pain In Buttocks

Does a long-standing slow-growing lump on the right buttock indicate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a lump (about 3 cm to 4 cm in diameter) on my right buttock for a very long period (about 15 to 18 years). Perhaps it is not regular shaped (not fully round or oval). It might have increased a little within the last five years, and now it might be 4.5 cm to 5 cm in diameter. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivpal Saini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A lump with a 15-year history does not indicate cancer. It looks like some lipoma (fat lump). But long-duration lump with a sudden increase in size or recent increase in size is worrisome. It may be a sebaceous cyst diagnosed by your dermatologist, but sebaceous cys...  Read Full »

What causes pain in the gluteal region?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 29. I have pain in the left side gluteal region and left thoracic for the last three weeks.  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain. I would like to know a few more details to give you my assistance. When is it that you have more pain? Do you have pain lying down on a bed at night? Do you have pain walking? Do you have pain while sitting? Do you have pain standing ...  Read Full »

Why can I not sit longer than 20 minutes without my butt paining?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my butt while sitting. I cannot sit for more than twenty minutes. I feel to have a burning and pricking sensation. Sometimes I feel the pain between anus and perineum. I do not have pain or blood while passing stool. I have pain only on the right side or right buttock. I s...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to musculoskeletal pain. The pain arises from the muscles and bones. It does not have any association with the gut. I suggest you take some muscle relaxants to get relief from pain. You can take tablet Paracetamol three times a day for three to five days t...  Read Full »

What causes pain in the butt crack?

Query: Hello doctor, For over a week now, I have been feeling pain right near my bum crack area. It is not a pile or hemorrhoid. The pain is right in between the bum crack. It tends to hurt when I sit sometimes and is painful to sit right down on my bottom as the pain is located there. I wonder what it is...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinic.com. I can understand your concern. It can be due to weight, so most of the time, it gets better along with exercise and medications. Another common reason for such pain is due to calcium deficiency, which can be treated accordingly. Bad posture can lead to pain but not ...  Read Full »