Pain In Eyes

Will blurred vision, pain in eyes and swelling in cheek occur due to sinusitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a blurry right eye, pain in eyes and slight swelling on the right cheek for a week. Can this be a sinusitis issue?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinusitis complications can result in cellulitis around the eye, pain and decreased vision. Mostly ethmoidal sinusitis can cause this problem. Internal to cheek is maxillary sinus which if infected normally does not cause visual disturbances. However, any maxillary s...  Read Full »

After driving at night, my eyes are teary and painful in the morning. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, After driving at night, the next morning, my eyes are teary and painful. Even after driving at night and someone brights my eyes cannot handle it. What process will happen at the eye clinic? What tests should I undergo?  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By going through your query, I could understand that you have difficulty in driving at night, and you wanted first-hand information about the process of eye examination when you consult an ophthalmologist. 1. When you visit an ophthalmologist, you will initially hav...  Read Full »

Why am I having light-sensitivity in the eye after injury?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I hit myself in the eyes and although the pain had gone away, my eyes are still light-sensitive. I saw an urgent care doctor, he looked into my eyes and said they did not see anything wrong but it is now five days and although it is substantially better, it is still painfu...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might want to visit an ophthalmologist or an optometrist instead, considering that the emergency doctors are not equipped with all the required diagnostic machines that can see minute things in the eye. Light sensitivity has many reasons including dryness of the ...  Read Full »

After an eye injury, what are the reasons for developing a red spot?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband's eye got hurt with my finger accidentally. Now his eye hurts and can barely open. There is a red spot on the white area of his eye. What do we do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your finger might have hit the eyeball blood vessels. These vessels can bleed due to trauma and can cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding behind the conjunctiva thereby causing a red eye). This does not cause any major problems and resolves on its own in a week. Ot...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dry, pain, and irritate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomforta...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment. I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (O...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurring of vision at night and morning may be because of refractive error. This requires evaluation by an ophthalmologist. The itching in the eye can be due to allergic conjunctivitis. I suggest you try using anti-allergic eye drops.  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in left corner of my eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in the left corner of left eye since three months. I am a 33 year old female. I am using Ocurest, Cyclo tear and Systane. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, it needs to be evaluated as to why there is pain for so long. If there is swelling, then it can be stye or chalazion which may be causing pain. The drops you are using will not help you in relieving pain in any way.  You can send pictures of your eyes and old reco...  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.   Usually when dust enters the eye, it does not "enter the eye" per se. It actually lodges onto the eye surface and causes irritation. Thus leading to pain, redness of eyes, and secretion of tears. There might be a slight disturbance in the vis...  Read Full »

What is the ayurveda treatment for eye pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting eye pain when I look into my mobile or computer. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very common problem faced by youngsters who spend long hours in front of the computer screen. This is called dry eye syndrome. A condition where the protective tear film in the eyes gets depleted causing pain and irritation in the eyes. Use Itone eye drops (her...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover from corneal abrasion?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the eye hospital yesterday and the doctor said that I have scratched my cornea. He gave me an ointment and said it can take up to seven days to heal. I am in unbearable pain and have kept my eye closed for two days. When I blink, it is so uncomfortable. I need to get back to...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history, it seems that you are having a corneal abrasion and you are on treatment with an eye ointment. Usually, corneal abrasion takes two to five days depending upon the extent of the damage. The pain and discomfort are usually because of photophobia (a...  Read Full »