Q. My eyes are teary and painful after driving at night. Why?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

After driving at night, the next morning, my eyes are teary and painful. Even after driving at night and someone brights my eyes cannot handle it. What process will happen at the eye clinic? What tests should I undergo?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

By going through your query, I could understand that you have difficulty in driving at night, and you wanted first-hand information about the process of eye examination when you consult an ophthalmologist.

1. When you visit an ophthalmologist, you will initially have your vision checkup where you need to read the letters on a chart displayed. The letters on the chart gradually decrease in size line by line, and your vision will be documented, and glasses will be prescribed if required.

2. Next, you will visit the doctor and get your eye examined under slit lamp by the doctor.

3. He will then direct you to the retina examination room where your pupils will be dilated, and your retina examined.

4. Then your intraocular pressure will be checked.

5. Then eye drops will be prescribed if required.

6. As per my opinion, your problem of teary eyes at 26 years needs glaucoma workup, and if this is normal, wearing anti-reflection glasses while driving relieves you of your problem. I hope this helps.

| 

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my one-sided headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. My height is 160 cm and I weigh 55 kg. I have a severe one-sided headache. Please help.  Read Full »

I have repeated episodes of sore throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have been suffering from repeated episodes of a sore throat that includes nasal obstruction and pain in the throat. I was diagnosed by the treating doctor to have a DNS for left (on the basis of a CT scan) and now granular pharyngitis has been added. The f...  Read Full »