Q. Does herpes cause pain in the groin and upper genital area?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

I have pain in the groin and upper genital area. The pain is felt inside the skin. What are these symptoms? I will attach a picture. When I am under a lot of stress, the groin is very uncomfortable, and I sometimes feel discomfort and throbbing in the genital area. And I have to work many hours a day sitting in a chair. This symptom is not always present but occasionally occurs about once or twice a day. The final question is, does herpes cause these symptoms? Or is it another symptom?

#

The kind of pain you are telling needs physical examination or at least ultrasonography of that region. Pictures are normal (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), not showing abnormality. It could be a hernia or cord inflammation. But correct diagnosis requires a physical examination. Better show it to a local physician.

Thank you for the reply.

Is the pain caused by something else, not herpes?

#

Herpes is unlikely as I could not see any inflammation around.

Thank you for the reply.

I am trying to say that someone said that the symptoms I am feeling right now might be due to a herpes infection. Is this true? The person said this (This area can represent herpes infection as the distribution of pain is superficial, like the exact distribution of herpes pain on the skin. You must check antigen titers, and you may need antiviral treatment if titers are high) I am confused by this.

#

Generally, herpes causes bumps and inflammation also.

Please answer the following question to know more. Do you have any history of unprotected intercourse with a partner with unknown status or whom you think could be herpes positive?

Thank you for the reply.

No, I did not have sexual intercourse with a herpes-positive person. So if there is no bump in that area and the pain inside the skin, is it not herpes? And I have a little bit of prostate inflammation. Could it be caused by that?

#

First of all, if there is no exposure history, then there is no way herpes can come. Prostate inflammation can produce such symptoms.

|