Q. What condition causes pain in the groin and upper genital area?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I have pain in the groin and upper genital area; the exact location is not known, but I can feel the pain from inside the skin. What are these symptoms? I will attach a picture. When I am under a lot of stress, the groin is very uncomfortable, and I sometimes feel discomfort and throbbing in the genital area. And I have to work many hours a day sitting in a chair. This symptom is not always present but occasionally occurs. About once or twice a day. The final question is, does herpes cause these symptoms? Or is it another symptom? Please help.

#

This area can represent herpes infection as the distribution of pain is superficial, as the exact distribution of herpes pain on the skin. I suggest you check

1) Antigen titers.

2) Antiviral treatment (if antigen titers are high).

3) Blood test for herpes simplex 1 and 2.

If titers are high, I suggest using tablet Acyclovir 400 mg (Aciclovir 400mg) four times daily for 15 days.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the reply.

I got a negative result from the herpes blood test results. If it is not herpes, what kind of disease is it? Please suggest.

#

Pain in that area can be due to an inguinal hernia. You do not have urethral discharge, so your tests might all come negative for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). It can also be varicocele; both varicocele and hernia will need an ultrasound of inguinal and scrotal areas. The area near the scrotum would be the most and on the top diagnosis, I could think of. Ultrasound will be so helpful. Kind regards.

|