Q. I have cuts on the side of the penis with fluid oozing out under the head. What to do?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I have got an infection in my penis. First, the symptoms started minor with itching. In a couple of days, it got worse, and it pains a lot. The head of the penis had turned red with inflammation. There seem to be some cuts on the side of the penis with fluid oozing out under the head. It burns when I pass my stools and pains to when something touches it. I am even having a problem wearing my underwear due to pain. Currently, I am applying Lofatin cream.

#

I understand your concern. It looks like you have a drug reaction, known as fixed drug eruption. Have you taken any medications just before the onset of this condition for any health issues like pain, fever, or stomach upset? Is this the first time this happened, and are any other body parts involved? Please revert back with answers so that I can prescribe you the proper treatment.

Yes, sir, I had a stomach upset four days back, and I took O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), both tablets daily for three days. This started just after I took this O2 dose. Please advise a proper treatment for this as I am facing pain. The skin has become extremely touch-sensitive with a burning sensation on passing stools (as the skin is exposed on the tip). I have attached the latest pictures of the infection. I am currently applying Lofatin + T bact cream two times daily for the past three days, with sometimes coconut oil on it in between.

#

I saw your spread of infection (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), so start following medications from today and take the medications for five days.

1. Tablet Wysolone (Prednisolone) 50 mg once a day after meals.

2. Cream Momate (Mometasone) apply twice a day.

3. Cream T bact (Mupirocin).

4. Tablet Rabeprazole (Aciphex) 20 mg before a meal once a day.

You can apply both cream by mixing together.

I forgot to add I also took one Meftal-Spas tablet on the first day of my stomach upset for pain with the O2. So should I avoid both Meftal-Spas and O2 in the future? Which tablet is likely to have caused the reaction?

#

Fixed drug eruption with both the drug combination you have taken has been reported in the literature. Though it is more likely with O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole combination), you better avoid Mefenamic acid (Meftal-spas) too.

|