Q. I noticed a sharp sting and blood coming out of my penis after ejaculation. Why?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am a 30-year-old male. This morning while having sexual intercourse with my girlfriend, I noticed a sharp sting on my penis head when I ejaculated. Then I noticed blood was coming out of my penis, and some were in the condom. I was shocked. Also, my penis head was stinging, and I felt uncomfortable for a few minutes. The blood continued to come out slowly for about a minute after the sharp sting when I ejaculated and then stopped. Overall, approximately ten drops of blood came out of my penis. My penis stopped stinging after a few minutes. Hours later, I went to pee, and I did not notice any blood in my urine. I am really panicking right now and not sure what this could be.

#

It is very difficult to comment upon what actually happened.

There may be some injury to the urethra during intercourse.

Is there any popping sound just before the stinging sensation?

Do you have any erection issues after this incidence?

Thanks.

I did not hear any popping sound. I am trying to avoid getting a full erection because I am very nervous. I did get a semi-erection, but I am afraid to touch my penis right now. My penis does not hurt, though, but the tip is more sensitive than usual.

#

I had gone through photographs (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

I think at this point of time, and we just have to wait.

Try to avoid intercourse or erection for a week or so.

I think everything should be fine.

If there is a reappearance of blood or stinging sensation, get an ultrasound abdomen with the pelvis.

Drink plenty of water (around 2 to 3 liters per day)

Thanks.

Feel free to ask anything else you want.

|