Pain In Shin

Will I get more shin pain with skating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am sidelined from running with shin splints right now. I will be foam rolling and stretching for the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if cross straining with skating would help or exacerbate the issue? My initial thought was that skating has a lower impact than running but stil...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about shin splint pain. See commonly any sportspersons who engage in vigorous training like skating and all, they will be getting more shin pain because it involves more front muscles of lower legs. For training and sports performance...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shin pain in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6-year-old son who complains of shin pain in the left foot once in every month before going to sleep. He is generally hyperactive. The next day when he wakes up he tells me that it does not hurt anymore. We did x-rays and blood tests all are fine. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumeet Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. Lower limb pains in growing children are usually benign. Normal blood tests and normal x-ray reports also point towards the benign nature of pain. Most probably your child is having growing pains. Can you please recall anything that is common before the pain starts l...  Read Full »

How to get relieved of shin pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my shin. There is one spot that in particular hurts. It hurts no matter what I am doing. The pain started when I started jumping rope yesterday. Earlier in the week, I started doing snatches for the first time and I may have not had proper form. I have now stopped. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the likelihood of a stress fracture is minimal unless you are grossly Vitamin D deficient. There is a good chance this is tendonitis or periostitis which are both inflammatory conditions as that arise in the tendon and lining of the bone respe...  Read Full »

How will reducing high intensity Zumba dance help in shin pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been doing Zumba for six months, three times a week. A month ago, my instructor significantly increased the intensity of choreographies and my shins started hurting after dancing. They hurt all along the tibia, all the time. It is not extremely painful, but quite annoying. I would...  Read Full »

Dr. Amrita Patro

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I would suggest you to reduce the intensity or time duration of Zumba, if possible. Do some warm up exercises before starting with high intensity Zumba dance. You can also do some low intensity Zumba dance before moving into the higher intens...  Read Full »

Please interpret my biopsy report of a long term tender lesion on shin.

Query: Hello doctor, I have tender lesions on shins that come and go for years. Biopsy report suggests: Granulomatous inflammation composed of well-formed epitheloid-type granulomas with surround lymphocytes, histocytes, neutrophils, and eosinophils. Perivascular and mixed inflammation with the overlying d...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have through your history and medical reports. In my opinion, the details provided fit into a condition called erythema nodosum. However, there is a possibility of deep fungal infection of skin. Erythema nodosum is a condition, wherein ...  Read Full »

How can I heal pain in shin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my left shin bone when I try to run. It is on the inside of my leg at the lowest point on the tibia, just above the ankle. My ankle does not hurt, just the shin at the specified location. I do not have pain on walking (unless a long way) but when I run I get immediate and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain on running or exertion can be due to lack of appropriate strength and integrated stability of gluteal and hip adductor muscles. It makes the bones challenging to disperse the impact forces generated by the foot striking the ground. This can lead to condition ca...  Read Full »