Pain In Thigh

What could be the reason for my pain and twitching in the calf and thigh?

Query: Hi doctor,I have painful cramps in my calf and thigh, mostly intermittently, for around three months. The twitching started about two months ago in the same leg long before I was anxious about it. I have been to the GP. I am going completely mad with worry over ALS and cannot get it out of my head a...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: 1. What is your age? 2. Is your body weight is 30.39 kg with a height of 5.4 feet, or it is the wrong entry in the query? 3. Since when you have hypothyroidism and taking Levothyroxine, and in what dose are yo...  Read Full »

What could cause pain in the hip that radiates to the thigh?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old female. My hip and leg have been in pain for about the last three months. The pain radiates from my hip to my thigh and is worse at night time when I lie on this side. It feels like I am all bruised around that area, but there is no bruise there. When I put pressure on i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you have a kind of inflammation of the fluid-filled sac on the outer aspect of the hip, which on lying gets compressed and giving you that pain. And I am not sure if you had earlier episodes of back pain or any other back-related issue. As if there is ...  Read Full »

Can erectile dysfunction cause pain in ankles, legs, and thighs?

Query: Pain in ankles, legs, thighs and testicles, sharp pain sometimes randomly in one is with erectlie dsyfucntion, I wake up and it slowly gets worse. These last week it’s gotten worse and worse, yesterday it was much more noticeable and didn’t go away and increased throughout the day. And t...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, Thank you for getting in touch with us. I can very well understand how difficult this situation must be for you. What caught my attention is that you mention pain in the testicles. Sometimes the severe mistake is made to attribute testicular pain to some issue with the spinal disks or other...  Read Full »

Can a thigh joint pain be caused due to hospitalization for COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66-year-old male. I recovered from COVID-19 one and a half months ago. I was hospitalized for 24 days in ICU due to COVID-19 and pneumonia in both lungs. I have been facing problems above the thigh joint (lower back pain). Please advise. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain can be a nerve pain or muscle pain as you have mentioned that you have lower back pain and leg pain, so most probably associated with the nerve. May be due to long-term hospitalized and sleeping in the same position. Can you please tell me what medicines yo...  Read Full »

What could cause intense pain in thighs and shoulder girdle in a 85-year-old man?

Query: Hello doctor, My 85-year-old father had mild pain in his thighs and shoulder girdle for two months which intensified in the past two weeks to a point that he could not get up from his bed. He was started on oral steroids 30 mg once daily for the past three days and has shown a 40% response but cann...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well as per your history, it does look.like a diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica. I would like to ask you a few more queries related to his illness. When is the pattern of pain more mornings or evenings? Does he experience morning stiffness as well? Any history of ...  Read Full »

What do high WBC and low hemoglobin indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. I previously asked a query in icliniq and was attended by a doctor who advised as follows. Since all your reports are normal except for very mild anemia and a mild increase of WBC count, then the cause of your lower back pain that extends to your hip, thig...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After revising your x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have degenerative changes in your knee joint and in your spines with diminished disc space between lumbar vertebra number 5 and spinal vertebra number 1. These degenerativ...  Read Full »

I get constant pain in buttocks along with thigh pain. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had permanent cramps and a constant ache in both buttocks. I have pain down the back of the legs in the calf and when I walk it feels like it is about to cramp and I get pain in front of the thigh. I have a constant aching feel. When I press my skin on both thighs it feels sore...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a nerve compression to me. If all investigations are normal, it does not mean it cannot be nerve compression. It could be meralgia paresthesia or neuralgia. I would recommend you to take Vitamin B12 shots. Also, discuss with your doctor to prescribe you ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for pain in lower abdomen and thighs in early stage of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I am 13 days pregnant and currently experiencing a pain that feels like I have been exercising for a long time. The pain is in my thighs and the lower side of my abdomen. I currently take Metformin 2000 mg per day and folic acid also.   Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you did not have any extraordinary activities to cause the pain around the thighs and lower abdomen. The pain we are to worry about is intermittent pains, that come for a few seconds, just like the pain in periods and then disappears, and come back again later...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for front thigh pain in a 12-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old son has been complaining about pain on his front thigh (quadriceps) on both legs since he was 3 years old. It happens to him after playing and doing activities like sports and after school. It happens to him at least once a week and it lasts between 12 - 72 hours. Somet...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are describing are signs of malnutrition. There is probably some deficit in protein intake for this child. I would suggest a high protein diet along with some iron supplements for this child. Another rarest of rare possibility can be myasthenia gra...  Read Full »

How to reduce the pain present in the left thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60-year-old female. I am not overweight. I exercise daily. I have episodes of enormous pain in my left thigh under the muscle. It does not look like muscle spasms. It seems to happen when I try to move my knee. It occurs mostly at night time when I am lying down or when I am sleep...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. You can consider doing an epidural steroid injection for controlling the painful episodes. You should discuss the option with your physician for doing it. You can also have a hip joint issues. You can also consult an orthopedist for knowing t...  Read Full »