Pain Killer

How to get rid of anal pain caused by hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health. As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter. I suggest tablet Acena...  Read Full »

How to recover from plantar fasciitis and hip pain?

Query: Hello, I am 60 years old. I have plantar fasciitis from one year and two months. It is getting better, but I wanted a second opinion on my MRI done two months ago. Also, since the past two weeks, I have hip pain from the groin to the outer part of the hip in a semi-circle. It is painful to get in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As far as the plantar fasciitis is concerned, there is evidence on the MRI to suggest that there is some edema on the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum. As you are gettin...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ibuprofen is a strong painkiller, it should not often be taken, as it has many side effects like gastritis, liver and kidney damage. But in initial days of pain following rib fracture, pain is actually very severe. I suggest you try doing the following: Tram...  Read Full »

I have throat pain even while swallowing saliva. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have throat pain. The pain aggravates during eating or drinking. I also feel the pain while even swallowing saliva. I have the pain for the past three days. I am currently taking lozenges (Strepsils).  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting the query. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) thoroughly, and I believe that you are suffering from acute granular pharyngitis. You need to start with home remedies such as, 1. Drinking frequent sips of w...  Read Full »

I have high serum creatinine. Is my kidney function normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old male. Weight 67 kg, height 5'5". My serum creatinine is 1.2 mg/dl and urea is 20 mg/dl. My hemoglobin is 14.5 gm/dl. Vitamin D is 20.2 ng/ml. HbA1c is 6 %. I want to know whether my kidney function is normal on the basis of my blood reports. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to know your blood pressure, any ultrasound report, if done. Revert back with the asked details for better help.  Read Full »

I am not clear with the diagnosis of my mother's condition. Please clarify.

Query: Hi doctor, Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I think she also has rheumatoid arthritis. For the past five years, she was managing the pain with anti-inflammatory medicine, Lyrica, Mythycobal, Voltaren injections, herbal creams, etc. You can see the veins in her hands popping...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your mother does not have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia. From her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I found that she has connective tissue disorder and the most possible diagnosis would be systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The ...  Read Full »

I feel uncomfortable on deep breath. How can I normalize my breathing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have difficulty in taking a deep breath. I feel uncomfortable. My uric acid and cholesterol levels are at a higher range than normal. What can I do to normalize my breathing?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have an LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol of 161 mg/dL. You can manage it by taking tablet Atorvastatin or tablet Rosuvastatin 20 mg at night for a month and see for improve...  Read Full »

I have been having chest discomfort. What could it be?

Query: Hi, I am a 31year old male. I was recently diagnosed with minor gastritis after EGD. I was having stomach problems but have recovered at present. Last two weeks I have been having some chest discomfort. ECG and other tests show normal heart function. Since two days, the chest sensations are more p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned that ECG and other tests came out to be normal, it is not associated with any cardiac abnormality. As you have a history of gastritis confirmed through EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy), there is more possibility of association with acid reflu...  Read Full »

I have constant body pain and weakness. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My arms and legs hurt every time I move around too much or stand too long or lift my hand up. I cannot even do exercises, because my muscles burn when I try to do some exercise. My knees also hurt when I stand too long or carry weight. My knees hurt and give a twig breaking sound when I b...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern. From the complaints you have mentioned, it does not seem that you have any nerve pinch or something like that. It seems that you have low calcium and vit...  Read Full »

I have a tooth abscess and the pain is getting worse. Should I look for another dentist?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess in the lower molar. There is much pain, swelling, painful jaw and lymph nodes. The dentist prescribed Amoxycillin and extraction scheduled for nine days from today. I have been on the antibiotics for 48 hours. The pain is getting worse, not better. Should I look...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. A tooth abscess is a painful condition and needs antibiotic cover along with painkillers for relief. So, first of all, please let me know if are you advised any painkillers along with Amoxicillin. If yes, please write the name of the p...  Read Full »