Q. Does an expired pain relief spray cause intolerance?

Dr. Atul Prakash

My grandmother fell, and she is not able to walk as before. We took her to the hospital, and she was given knee and ankle support with painkiller medications and creams. However, when we apply the pain relief spray, she cannot tolerate it, and she starts crying. Why? Is the spray expired?

#

Sometimes the sprays contain Capsaicin or Menthol, which can irritate the skin that can become uncomfortable. Apply a different gel or spray that does not have the above mentioned components. If that does not work, apply ice for ten minutes twice daily. If she can not tolerate it, put a wet cloth between the skin and the ice pack. Are we sure we are not missing a fracture at the site of the spray?

|