Pain While Urinating

Why do I have burning sensation after taking antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old healthy male. Last month, I had an unfortunate sexual exposure (condom's head broke off). I quickly pulled out and washed the genital area with a bathing soap. After few days, I started having a slight itching sensation in the penis. I visited a urologist and he a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your reports and I can understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report you have mentioned clearly points towards urinary tract infection (UTI). Presence of RBCs, increased WBCs and epithelial cells clearly indica...  Read Full »

What causes pain before and after urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a lot of pain before and after urinating lately. Mostly after. I urinate several times in a very short period. When I am done it starts to really hurt. I was checked last week for a UTI and it came back negative. The specific gravity in report was low. But they...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are surely suggestive of UTI and bladder hyperreactivity. I would like to advise you that you get an ultrasound of lower abdomen with kidney bladder and pelvis (uterus, ovaries) to rule out any stone lodged in urinary tract. Although your urine routine sho...  Read Full »

I am getting pain while urinating. Can I continue Amoxiclav for this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male, and for the past week, I had pain while urinating, especially at night. Sometimes the pain lasts after I urinate and feels like there is acid or something still in my urethra or something, it is hard to explain. I am not sexually active, so I cannot be an STI. I think it ma...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequency, urgency, and burning micturition, pain while urination all can be symptoms of cystitis or urinary tract infection. Most commonly, it has two types, either complicated or noncomplicated UTI. So your condition comes in non-complicated UTI. Most common drugs ...  Read Full »

What is the lump on testicle with pain while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain while urinating. I had a white clear discharge from the penis. Now gone. Yesterday I found a small lump on the testicle. I went to the clinic before getting the lump. Tested clear for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and microplasma. Given antibiotics which cleared the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, I would like to know a few more details. When was your last sexual contact, and after how many days did you get yourself tested? Is the burning sensation during peeing, throughout urination or just stay the start? Do you have to strain to p...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have vaginal pain while urinating along with stomach and back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the inside of my vagina when I pee and lower back and stomach pain that comes and goes. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted infection or pelvic infection. Have high vaginal swab urinalysis, urine culture. Strict hygiene. Soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection. Avoid cosmetics locally, just use a soft razor for hair...  Read Full »

Why do I have a burning sensation while passing urine?

Query: Hello doctor, In recent test reports, the following test values are out of range: Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) is 83, uric acid is 7.9, serum creatinine is 1.13, BUN to serum creatinine ratio is 7.59, 25-hydroxyvitamin D (total) is 8.73, homocysteine is 30, iron 57.8, and red cel...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like the HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) is on the higher side. Please get your fasting blood sugar and postprandial blood sugar done. The symptoms which you have can be explai...  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so ...  Read Full »

What medicines can I take for painful urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. From the last 15 days, I have pain at the time of passing urine. So, I went for a urine test of complete urine examination and urine culture. There was nothing wrong with the complete urine examination. But, in the urine culture, at the bottom of the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows urine infection with E.coli type of organism. Inflammatory cells are seen due to the infection. I suggest: Tablet Augmentin 375 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid...  Read Full »

My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E.coli bacteria. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it re...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario. I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain while passing urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am experiencing pain while urinating in the outlet of the organ. This is the first time I am getting such a pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Pain while passing urine can be due to a various number of reasons. It can be due to urinary tract infection or stone in urethra or the bladder or urethral stricture (narrowing of the ur...  Read Full »