Pain While Urinating

What does white penile discharge and pain during urination and erection indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male and not sexually active for three months. I am experiencing cloudy white discharge from the penis. The other symptoms are pain during urination and slight pain with erection. I have these symptoms two weeks ago after masturbation. I used an AZO test to find an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be prostatitis, which is quite common in the younger age group. You need to get: 1. Ultrasound abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine). 2. Semen culture. 3. Urine culture. Meanwhile start 1. Tablet Levoflox (levofloxacin) 500 mg HS for fiv...  Read Full »

Why do I get a foul smell in my urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. My urine smells very strong and foul. This issue has been present for months, and I have been to the doctor regarding this. If I had to describe the smell, I would say that it smells like a can of Vienna sausages, a terrible smell. After urinating, this smel...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from foul-smelling urination for months, feeling of pain during micturition, constant pain in the ribs, back pain, etc. Foul-smelling urine with a feeling of some pain mostly indicate...  Read Full »

Can tampon cause stinging and pain while urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I started using tampons throughout the day instead of a pad, which I usually do not do. A few times when taking the tampon out, it was mostly dry with little blood, but now as I urinate, I am experiencing this stinging in my vagina that is so painful I have to pause when I urinate. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for consulting us. Nowadays, tampons are more in use but using it has some precautions like needing to push it deep inside. And you need to wait longer if your menses are not heavy before removal to prevent friction on the vagina. When you pass urine, sting...  Read Full »

What could cause painful urination with blood?

Query: Hi doctor, I have extremely painful urination with blood. The first three urine is clear with blood and pain. The fourth one is dark yellow with blood and more painful. I have a history of UTI, and I am taking antibiotics.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Sorry for your inconvenience. I understand your concern and let me help you with my best. Though urinary tract infections are common in females, repeated infections call for detailed evaluation and specific treatment. I have a few questions to ask before I suggest anythi...  Read Full »

How to manage a tear in the penis at the bottom of the urethral opening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male with a tear in my penis at the bottom of my urethra opening. I believe my injury was from rough intercourse without lubrication. My wound is extremely painful when I urinate, and when I tried opening my urethra bigger to alleviate the pain. I believe the tear g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and the pain you went through. It is one of the most painful conditions a man can get. The steps you have taken are adequate. If there is an oozing of blood when you urinate, then you should meet a doctor urgently. If the oozing is from the tea...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the pain that occurs while having the urge to pee?

Query: Hi, Doctor.A few days ago, I had this trouble in peeing. I felt some hints of pain. They’re tolerable though. At first I thought it was a symptom of UTI, since I admit that I drink lots of water but I’m quite lazy to urinate. Then yesterday, I noticed that there was a tiny lump on my private are...  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Answer: Dear, could you help me out with a few more details about your complaints like (A)whether you feel a sense of incomplete emptying of your bladder or an urge to pee frequently even if you have passed urine,(B) whether you have noticed any blood while passing urine,(C)Low back pain or pain in the lo...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to overcome pain while urinating.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

What could cause pain while urinating and also when bladder is full?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. For the past two months, I have been experiencing pain while urinating and I also have pain when my bladder is full. I had taken a urine test and the test said I had an infection for which I was given antibiotics. The pain has come down, but a mild pain is still p...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usual causes of such symptoms include urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary stones (renal stones). When routine tests turn out to be normal, a frequency volume diary may be made. Next would be a urine flow test and a sonography for residual urine volume. If these ar...  Read Full »

How to treat UTI with cloudy urine and painful urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old female. I have UTI symptoms since Monday, about four days now. I have cloudy urine with strong smell and stinging pain while urinating. I do not want to go to the hospital due to the risk of COVID-19. I am currently on 10 mg Imidapril for hypertension. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. It is indeed an intelligent choice to avoid hospital in view of COVID-19. The symptoms as you have told are cloudy urine, strong smell and pain during urination which you have told are of UTI (urinary tract i...  Read Full »

Can whitish inflammation during cystoscopy related to urinary problem and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 30 -year-old male. I am 5 feet and 11 inches with 75 kg weight. I had difficulty initiating urination and also had a case of erectile dysfunction. The problem with starting urination was many years ago, which I ignored because I thought it would go away normally. I only recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing you have not tried yet is tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. You can try this, I think your flow will become better.  Read Full »