Pain While Urinating

Pain while urinating can occur with a burning sensation. It often occurs due to urinary tract infection, urethritis, vaginal infection, diverticulosis, kidney stones, and injury of the genital area. The people at a high risk of developing dysuria are pregnant ladies, men, and women having diabetes and any bladder diseases. The management depends upon the cause.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Will recurrent UTI occur due to holding urine for a prolonged time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I did a urine test today, there is no UTI or any infection, but the RBC count was 0 to 1. I did a test six weeks back, which showed the RBC count to be 4 to 6. I still feel there is a block to the urine flow, and I have to go every 15 minutes or every one hou...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your history suggests that you have very frequent urination and poor flow with recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). I would like to know the following. Do you have constipation or numbness of the sole? How frequently do you get up at night? Has any catheter been put ...  Read Full »

What causes pain at the end of urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain at the end of urination, but the pain is not excruciating. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The pain at the end of urination is likely due to inflammation of the prostate. Chronic inflammation of the prostate can happen at a young age and presents symptoms like pain at the base of the penis or area between testis and anus, pain at the end of urination, or burn...  Read Full »

Please give some advice regarding excessive masturbation.

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing on behalf of my friend. He is having a little bit of pain during urination. He also gets semen along with urine. He told me that it might be because of his excessive masturbation. So, he needs your help. Thanks in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to For the pain on passing urine, get a urine analysis and share the report. Regarding masturbation, nothing is excessive. It can be done at any frequency which keeps you satisfied and relaxed. Discharge of semen is not a cause of any weakness. Bull or horse are seen freque...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have painful urination after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain while passing urine after having intercourse. The pain continues for two to three days. Earlier I had similar pain for the last three months. I have consulted the local urology doctor, and I am taking medicine to treat bladder issues first (Vesicare 5 mg). If this does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would be happy to give you my opinion. The most common problem in males with such symptoms will be in the prostate and bladder. Proper examination of prostate and semen culture can diagnose prostatitis, which is chronic in your case. After semen culture, we can select...  Read Full »

Can HSV1 cause pain while urinating?

Query: Hi doctor,I was treated with wart removal a year back and suspected it is HPV. From that date, I was experiencing a red bump on the tip of my penis after masturbation with painful urination. After consulting the urologist, they did not find any warts in the urethra, but they found an inflammation bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for consulting us. Warts are skin conditions and will never be in the bladder or urethra. Inflammation of the bladder and painful urination could be secondary to STD, which is herpes simplex infection. I would recommend you to take tablet Acyclovir 40 g thrice...  Read Full »

What do IgG antibodies indicate?

Query: Hi doctor,I had swelling on my foreskin and glans with a discharge under the foreskin with painful urination, and this started after three days of exposure. And the doctor gave me Fluconazole, Doxycycline, and antivirals. After a month, it got better, and I went for a lab test for HSV Ig and IgG, ch...  Read Full »

Dr. Puneet Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to HSV IgG, once positive, can be positive for a longer time. It just shows past infection and is not of much concern.  Read Full »

How to get rid of the pain that occurs while having the urge to pee?

Query: Hi doctor,Before few days, I had trouble in peeing. I had some hints of pain but it was tolerable. At first, I thought it was a symptom of UTI because I drink lots of water but I have laziness to urinate. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny lump in my private area. I am not sure about it. But it was painful...  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please mention some details regarding your present complaints. Please mention whether you have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder or an urge to pee frequently even after passing urine. Please mention whether you have blood while passing urine. Please mentio...  Read Full »

What does white penile discharge and pain during urination and erection indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male and not sexually active for three months. I am experiencing cloudy white discharge from the penis. The other symptoms are pain during urination and slight pain with erection. I have these symptoms two weeks ago after masturbation. I used an AZO test to find an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This can be prostatitis, which is quite common in the younger age group. You need to get: 1. Ultrasound abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine). 2. Semen culture. 3. Urine culture. Meanwhile start 1. Tablet Levoflox (levofloxacin) 500 mg HS for fiv...  Read Full »

Why do I get a foul smell in my urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. My urine smells very strong and foul. This issue has been present for months, and I have been to the doctor regarding this. If I had to describe the smell, I would say that it smells like a can of Vienna sausages, a terrible smell. After urinating, this smel...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from foul-smelling urination for months, feeling of pain during micturition, constant pain in the ribs, back pain, etc. Foul-smelling urine with a feeling of some pain mostly indicate...  Read Full »

Can tampon cause stinging and pain while urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I started using tampons throughout the day instead of a pad, which I usually do not do. A few times when taking the tampon out, it was mostly dry with little blood, but now as I urinate, I am experiencing this stinging in my vagina that is so painful I have to pause when I urinate. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks a lot for consulting us. Nowadays, tampons are more in use but using it has some precautions like needing to push it deep inside. And you need to wait longer if your menses are not heavy before removal to prevent friction on the vagina. When you pass urine, sting...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.