Q. I have problem while initiating urine with erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Dr. Ankush Jairath

I have a 30 -year-old male. I am 5 feet and 11 inches with 75 kg weight. I had difficulty initiating urination and also had a case of erectile dysfunction. The problem with starting urination was many years ago, which I ignored because I thought it would go away normally. I only recently found out about my ED (a few months ago). I have no problem while masturbating.

After visiting a urologist, they asked me to take several tests (reports attached below). The report showed that I had a case of chronic prostatitis with a bacterial infection. I was asked to take medication for two weeks (antibiotics) and then supplements for three months. I have taken the antibiotics for another two weeks. I have not been able to go for another checkup due to lockdown.

I took Jippo (Azithromycin), and Pantop (Pantoprazole). Supplements I took Revital Care, Neuro Care, Caldoz, Lovaza, and Cholecalciferol capsules (DV 60K). The doctor also suggested me to exercise, maintain nutritious diet and take vitamins for the ED. I have taken two doses of EDSave 10 mg tablets for two weeks. This helps with strong erections. I still feel that the medication has not fully worked because I need to wait for some time to start urinating. I have attached all my reports.

#

One thing you have not tried yet is tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. You can try this, I think your flow will become better.

Are there side effects that I need to worry about taking Alfuzosin 10 mg? I looked into the medicine and it looks like it relaxes the bladder which will help the flow of urine better.

I was also curious if there is any way to know if the bacterial infection is cleaned? During my cytoscopy procedure, the doctor showed me white inflammations near the urethra which was due to enlargement of the prostate. I would also like to mention that the doctor saw white pus near the penis which he said indicated bacterial infection. Is that so? I am concerned about the bacterial infection coming back again.

I have not been able to know about my ED due to lockdown situation. But I would like to know your opinion on it too.

#

White discoloration during cystoscopy does indicate infection or urethritis usually which is very difficult to eradicate and is recurrent, so long term antibiotics were given for four to six weeks.

If you ask me I would like to put you on tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for the first day followed by 100 mg once a day for 15 days, tablet Alfuzosin 10 mg for two weeks. I did not add antibiotics initially as you have already taken the due course.

For ED problems, if you are able to masturbate but there is a problem of erection with the sexual partner only then this can be due to psychological reasons also. If you think everything is fine between you and your partner at a psychological level and you are not having any performance anxiety then take tablet EDSave 10 mg on sos basis is enough. I do think it to be a temporary thing and should go away itself.

|