Q. Why do I have a burning sensation while passing urine?

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene
Published on May 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

In recent test reports, the following test values are out of range: Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) is 83, uric acid is 7.9, serum creatinine is 1.13, BUN to serum creatinine ratio is 7.59, 25-hydroxyvitamin D (total) is 8.73, homocysteine is 30, iron 57.8, and red cell distribution width - coefficient of variation (RDW-CV) of 14.6. As far as symptoms are concerned, I am feeling body pains especially stiffened neck and pain in upper shoulders, feeling drowsy in the morning, slight burning sensation near the urinary bladder while passing urine, and a burning sensation in my left calf muscle and foot sometimes. There is a feeling of a lot of gastric problems especially while waking up in the morning and sometimes constipation. I am not on any medicine. The lab reports are attached for your review.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like the HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) is on the higher side. Please get your fasting blood sugar and postprandial blood sugar done. The symptoms which you have can be explained by this deranged blood sugar.
  • I think this can be managed by a change in diet pattern and regular exercise.
  • I would suggest brisk walking for at least 150 minutes per week.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

What about the eGFR and the creatinine levels? Do these values have any impact on the functionality of the kidneys? Do you suggest any medicine for vitamin D deficiency?

#

Your GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is fine. Just drink plenty of water. Get an ultrasound done and repeat the creatinine after one month. Also get an eye evaluation to look for diabetic retinopathy which can predict renal functions. For vitamin D deficiency, take Neuro D3 (Cholecalciferol) one capsule once a week for six weeks.

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand, you are having hypertension for past 15 years, apparently under control at present. Many a time, hypertension can remain undetected, without symptoms for long. So we may not know the exact duration of the disease in many patients. You have hypertension ...  Read Full

I am thinking to change my medicine for diabetes. What can I take instead of Sitaglu Met?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old, and my weight is 97 kilograms. I am a diabetic patient, and my A1C test showed a result of 9 %. I am taking Sitaglu Met 500 mg. It has not helped me. When I take it, within five minutes, my sugar level gets increased to 250 mg/dL and comes down again to 180 mg/dL or 19...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please verify the dose of Sitaglu Met. It is a combination medication. It has two medicines Sitagliptin and Metformin. Please mention whether you take 50 mg/500 mg or 50 mg/1000 mg dose. Please send a picture of it. Medication alone cannot control diabetes. Determining ...  Read Full

Prevention of Diabetic Retinopathy

Article Overview: This article talks about the importance of eye examination in diabetics to prevent diabetic retinopathy. Read Article

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Diabetes is one of the most common diseases and it causes diabetic retinopathy which is one of the leading causes of blindness. The only way to prevent diabetic retinopathy is by having regular eye examinations to look for the onset of symptoms and treat it in the early stages. Diabetic retinopathy...  Read Article