Palate

Kindly help me know if the red spots and white patches on my palate are concerning.

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed the red spots and white patches on my hard and soft palate. They are itchy and gives a metallic taste. I tend to scratch them subconsciously. I have been asthmatic since childhood, and my IgE levels are always high. Kindly evaluate the picture attached and advice me on the...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a detailed look at the picture you have sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Such patches are often present and can be due to chronic irritation of the area or due to mult...  Read Full »

Can the adult palate narrow due to age or hormonal factors?

Query: Hi doctor, Can the adult palate narrow or change shape due to age or stress or hormonal factors?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, definitely. Age changes occur in all our body, including our bone shape and density changes. The bone depth and density decrease with age in our jaws, causing gaps in our teeth, exposing more of our root part of teeth sometimes and it includes narrowing of the pala...  Read Full »