Q. I'm on Paleo diet. Do I need to panic regarding my blood report?

Dr. Hariharan V
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am on paleo diet for the past 20 days and took the blood test today. My result reported elevated triglyceride from 109 to 150 and homocysteine levels of 32. I have attached the report for your reference. Do I need to panic?

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Nutritionist
#

• Your hs-CRP is normal. No need to worry.
  • What I am worried about is your liver reports. They are little bit too much. Liver enzymes may rise if you are obese. It becomes normal when you lose excess weight.
  • I advise you to take an ultrasound abdomen and revert back to me. In the meantime, eat at least 4 eggs with yolks everyday and also take lots of broccoli.
  • If not possible take Vitamin D tablet or powder 60000 IU one tablet or powder every week and repeat the vitamin D test after one month to adjust the dose.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|