Q. Imbalance in blood report after I began cheating on my Paleo. Please suggest a plan.

Dr. Vishal Wadi
Published on Jan 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2019

I started my paleo in the month of November wherein my HbA1c was almost 10, continued strictly for 100 days and in February HbA1c was 6.5 without taking medicines. Afterwards, cheating started and now it is 8.8. Also, there are some imbalances in the blood report. Now, I am assuring you that I shall stick to my paleo diet and follow your instructions. Kindly suggest me a plan. I can take eggs and chicken.

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Paleo or Keto diet is not sustainable, as it is elimination and crash diet, especially for morbidly obese people. It not only about bringing sugar levels down, also it should not cause any nutritional deficiency, which may happen with paleo.

Having higher intake of animal foods means having higher and processed saturated fats. For diabetes, all carbs are not the culprit, only simple and processed form of carbs raise blood glucose levels.

For sustainable lowering of blood glucose, one should have a large serving of fruits pre-breakfast (fruits do not increase blood glucose), a large serving of mixed salads before lunch and dinner. Reduce intake of rice and wheat based foods. Totally avoid market and packed foods, dairy in all forms, refined oils. With these changes, you can have sustained lower blood glucose. Please contact me for any further details.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Does Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?

Article Overview: Tooth decay and missing teeth can prevent proper chewing ability and thereby affect digestion of food, but gum diseases can result in much more serious effects on one’s general health. This article aims to educate about the effects of gum/dental health on general health. Read Article

Dental diseases can be broadly classified as tooth decay and gum disease and both of these diseases results from bacteria. Gum diseases are generally referred to as gingivitis and periodontitis. The term gingivitis means inflammation of the gums and periodontitis suggests inflammation and destr...  Read Article

Kindly comment on my paleo diet reports.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been following paleo diet for the past 20 days. I have attached my reports here for your reference. Kindly review my report and let me know your feedback.  Read Full >>

Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have started paleo diet 13 days before you have taken the blood test. It should be taken a day before you start paleo. Anyway, the only way to compare the health benefits of paleo is by taking a repeat test by the end of this month and comparing with this ...  Read Full

Can losing weight help keep my blood sugar in control?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old and I weigh 100 kg with a height of 168 cm. I am a pre-diabetic. I m taking Metformin these days. If I lose like say 25 kg then can I stop taking medicines and control my blood sugar normally? Can this diabetes be cured?  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Changing your lifestyle by regular exercise like walking at least half an hour every day and weight loss of say 30 Kg can help regulate your blood sugar levels. Also, you should follow a healthy diet by avoiding complex sugar and decrease carbohydrates consumption, ...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now