Q. Kindly give me a diet plan for vegetarian paleo diet.

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

I am a 22 year old female. My height is 163 cm and weight is 60 kg. I intend to take on paleo. Please give me your suggestions. I am a vegetarian. If I am eligible for taking paleo, then please give me a diet plan. I have attached my reports for your kind reference.

#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

I welcome you to low carbohydrate high fat lifestyle (LCHF).

• You have the following problems. Iron deficiency, low urea, high total cholesterol, high LDL (low-density lipoprotein), low SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase), high lipoprotein A, high TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and low vitamin D.
  • I suggest you the following medicine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Capsule vitamin D 60000 IU every Sunday morning before food for 12 weeks.
  2. Tablet Iron two times a day for one month.
  3. Tablet Biohomin (vitamin B12) two times a day for one month.
  • Avoid hunger. Please do not have large intervals between diet. Always keep roasted almonds, walnuts, groundnut, raisins, etc., in bag and eat them.
  • Avoid sugar, jaggery, palm jaggery. Also avoid soft drinks, beverages, cakes, biscuits, chips, wafers, etc.
  • Avoid rice, wheat, maida and millets. Avoid potato, cabbage and fruits other than butter fruit.
  • Restrict milk and curd to less than 500 mL per day. Egg and mushroom can be taken in any amount which your stomach permits. They can be taken in any form either with or without masala, fried, boiled or tandoori.
  • Vegetables other than potato and cabbage can be taken in any amount. Ghee, cottage cheese and cheese can be taken in any amount.
  • There is no calorie restriction or restriction in the amount of diet to be taken. Eat till you there is no hunger.
  • Please note that this diet chart is valid for one month only and you have to repeat the blood tests and change the chart and tablets accordingly after one month.

For further information consult a paleo diet specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist/paleo-diet

May I know the use of tablet Biohomin?

#

• You have borderline abnormality in red cell distribution width. Biohomin can correct that.

For further doubts consult a Paleo diet specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist/paleo-diet

|