Q. Kindly give me a diet plan for vegetarian paleo diet.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Published on Sep 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

I am a 22 year old female. My height is 163 cm and weight is 60 kg. I intend to take on paleo. Please give me your suggestions. I am a vegetarian. If I am eligible for taking paleo, then please give me a diet plan. I have attached my reports for your kind reference.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

I welcome you to low carbohydrate high fat lifestyle (LCHF).

• You have the following problems. Iron deficiency, low urea, high total cholesterol, high LDL (low-density lipoprotein), low SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase), high lipoprotein A, high TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and low vitamin D.
  • I suggest you the following medicine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Capsule vitamin D 60000 IU every Sunday morning before food for 12 weeks.
  2. Tablet Iron two times a day for one month.
  3. Tablet Biohomin (vitamin B12) two times a day for one month.
  • Avoid hunger. Please do not have large intervals between diet. Always keep roasted almonds, walnuts, groundnut, raisins, etc., in bag and eat them.
  • Avoid sugar, jaggery, palm jaggery. Also avoid soft drinks, beverages, cakes, biscuits, chips, wafers, etc.
  • Avoid rice, wheat, maida and millets. Avoid potato, cabbage and fruits other than butter fruit.
  • Restrict milk and curd to less than 500 mL per day. Egg and mushroom can be taken in any amount which your stomach permits. They can be taken in any form either with or without masala, fried, boiled or tandoori.
  • Vegetables other than potato and cabbage can be taken in any amount. Ghee, cottage cheese and cheese can be taken in any amount.
  • There is no calorie restriction or restriction in the amount of diet to be taken. Eat till you there is no hunger.
  • Please note that this diet chart is valid for one month only and you have to repeat the blood tests and change the chart and tablets accordingly after one month.

For further information consult a paleo diet specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist/paleo-diet

May I know the use of tablet Biohomin?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

#

• You have borderline abnormality in red cell distribution width. Biohomin can correct that.

For further doubts consult a Paleo diet specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist/paleo-diet

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly provide me any other clinical complaint if you have. Kindly mention whether you have taken any vitamin B12 supplement or tablet or injection? Attach your all reports to give more comment. Usually, liver disease, kidney disease, B12 intake, myeloproliferative n...  Read Full

Sugar vs. Fat: Understand the Real Villain!

Article Overview: Drop that marshmallow. And why is that cheese slice out for the dog's feed? I will tell you why you are getting fat even after so many fat cuts. Read Article

Dr. Vishnu K R
Dietician

Becoming fat is not a choice. It happens to everyone following a typical lifestyle. But getting back in shape and looking fit like you are supposed to is a choice for a better well being. Fat Cut? You get fat with fat accumulating in your subcutaneous and visceral spaces. True. But not all that is...  Read Article

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged. I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now