Palliative Therapy

How to differentiate between prostate cancer and rectal cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My uncle has been diagnosed with cancer. I am looking for treatment options and advice from an oncologist. The current doctor who has been treating him has suggested we stop all treatment as he may not have much time left. I am looking for other options or opinions this is what one o...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Bhushan Jain

Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Radiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is quite sad that your uncle has advanced stage of cancer. As you asked me how to differentiate between prostate and rectal cancer. There are three possible ways. 1. Serum PSA (noninvasi...  Read Full »

Is there treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma? Also, advise on survival chance.

Query: Hello doctor, My father’s CT scan report says there is a solitary hepatic lesion consistent with neoplasm. The possibilities reported in the CT scan are: HCC - hepatocellular carcinoma. Metastases The CT scan was advised when his blood test result showed high alkaline phosphatase with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the investigation are more in favor of locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. In such advanced cases, usually, the patient is planned for palliative treatment in the form of oral medication Sorafenib, which is used under the observation of an oncologist. Also...  Read Full »

From my father's reports, could you advise the next step of treatment for bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,My father, who is 72, was diagnosed with bladder tumor a month ago when he went to the local doctor for the treatment of blood drops in the urine. I have attached the diagnosis report for your reference. The doctors advised to operate it as soon as possible, and the operation took place 10...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of high-grade TCC (transitional cell carcinoma) with large tumor with muscle invasion is not a good tumor. At this stage, we need to do a metastatic evaluation to rule out any distant spread of this tumor. Hopin...  Read Full »

Does operating the lymph node prevent spread of the cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, Before two years, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and has been undergoing treatment using Eligard and Xgeva. Early this year, he got diagnosed with vallecula carcinoma and for which he underwent chemo (Erbitux) six sittings and radiation therapy for 27 days. While vallecula...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the details of your father's illness and I will concentrate on the present problem. I will not agree with the advise for surgery of lymph nodes as PET scan suggests that it may have spread to other areas of lung, though not confirmed. Doing surgery for dise...  Read Full »

For breast cancer, should we do chemo first or surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and had a right mastectomy. She however did not have chemo or radiation. She has a little extra fat to the lateral area of the breast that after surgery it looked like a small third breast. Right over the old incision has de...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are my suggestions: Assuming that you want to undergo full treatment, the best method would be to start chemo and radiotherapy. The cycles of chemotherapy will depend on the medicine chosen by your oncologist. This will reduce the tumor size. Then go ahead with th...  Read Full »