Q. How can I manage the feel of heart beat in right chest due to stress?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay
Published on Nov 26, 2018

I have heart beats in my right chest for the past three days, not continuously but sometimes. I am mostly busy with work. My BP was 116/77. I was diagnosed with vitamin B12, D deficiency three months back. Now it has increased and my BP is 140/80 due to excess stress in work. Now I am going to morning walk daily but a feeling of beats in right chest is there. I think it is due to stress. How to get rid of it?

#

You hear your heart beats on the right side. You do X-ray of chest PA to see the heart position. You are suffering from stress and most of your symptoms are related to stress. I have gone through your reports and found it to be fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You should control your stress. Do breathing exercise for five minutes two times daily. Attend yoga class. All these will help you to control your stress. Make good friends with whom you can share your problem. Take a vacation from your work, go to hills or sea beach and enjoy with your family the quality times.

Why are palpitations occurring even after pacemaker implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,My 71-year-old father was admitted to the hospital for palpitation occurrence and fast heart beating at 143 beats per minute. He was feeling dizziness in the morning. He was given injections to reduce the heart rate and has taken Holter monitoring for one day. He had previously undergon...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I have gone through the report that you have provided. He is having the tachycardia-bradycardia syndrome. In this case, the pacemaker avoids his bradycardia episodes only. For his tachycardia episodes, drugs can be given. Sometimes the drug controls it perfectly...  Read Full

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Great amount of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general, affect the functioning of the body, hormonal balance, and immunity levels as well. If the str...  Read Full

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There appears to be a mild prominence of the bronchovascular markings in both the lungs, more so in the lower lobes. This is not a serious problem and sometimes can occur without any acc...  Read Full