Pancreatic Rest

What is the treatment for pancreatic rest?

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the attachment of the endoscopy report of my wife. She had stomach pain a long time ago, and we did the endoscopy. But, the doctor did not explain the reason to us. Could you please explain to me? What is pancreatic rest? What do you think about the nature of her polyps and th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the endoscopy reports of your wife (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn). A pancreatic rest is a sort of ectopic pancreatic tissue in the gastroduodenal mucosa. It is always better to wait for a biopsy ...  Read Full »