Q. Can pancreatitis be cured?

Dr. Swati Totla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 23, 2020

Is Pancreatitis curable? Is it treated as an outpatient or inpatient? If as an oupatient, what medicines are typically prescribed and what is the treatment plan? If as an inpatient, where is a good hospital to get treated?

Dr. Swati Totla

#

Yes there is treatment for Pancreatitis in Ayurveda. But in your query only daignosis is not sufficient. Depending upon your symptoms we daignose the case according to Ayurvedic view and then will give treatment. Generally all good and experienced ayurvedic doctors can treat your problem. By the time for pain ,burning sensation and swelling you can use following medicines which are safe.

Spicy food,smoking,alcohol.

Gastric ulcer, Ibs.

1.Shankha vati-1 tab twice a day before food
2.Jeerakarishtam-3 tsp twice a day after food with equal quantity of water
3.Avipattikar choorna-1 tsp twice a day after food with warm water
4.Gulkand(pravalyukta)-1 tsp at bed time

Follow Simple non spicy veg diet.

| 

Is consumption of animal foods not advised?

Dr. Swati Totla

#

Consumption of animal food except eggs is not advisable. Eggs weekly twice only.

|