Q. I get recurrent pancreatitis attacks. Is there a cure in Ayurveda?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am a 22-year-old male. Is there any treatment in ayurveda for pancreatitis? I had six recurrent pancreatic attacks in the last three years. Please help.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

As you are aware, there are many reasons for repeated pancreatitis - that including alcohol consumption, some viral infections, autoimmune, etc.

You can discuss the following drugs with an ayurvedic physician nearby and use with consent.

1. Karisalai karpam tablet or Heptowin tablets, 2 morning - 2 noon - 2 evening after food. This is pure herbal.

2. Kaasukatti tablets, 2 pills morning - 2 noon - 2 evening after food. This tablet is chewable or can swallow with water. This is also pure herbal.

3. Kantha chendooram 100 mg mix with honey and drink twice a day (morning and evening) after food. This is prepared from magnet and herbals.

All these drugs should be consumed for six months. You feel the difference within 20 days of the first dose. Continue for six months and can stop it. If your pancreatitis is due to autoimmune cause, then you need to take the following additional two tablets.

1. Rasaganthi Mezhugu capsule - one capsule morning and one evening after food.

2. Poorna chandrodayam tablet - one tablet morning and one at evening after food.

These two drugs help reduce the autoimmunity in your body and improve your immunity at high. We follow these drugs in our practice. These drugs also should be continued for three months and then can leave a gap of one month. Again one month therapy. Then one month gap.

Once you start, you will get the improvement within a week. While taking these drugs, if you have any doubt, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

| 

How to prevent the spread of cancer through ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 84 years old. A few months ago, he was diagnosed with basal-cell carcinoma on the forehead. It was removed by CO2 laser. Three years ago, he had melanoma. It was removed and no longer appeared. His present complaints are an abdominal hernia after surgery, cardiac ischemia,...  Read Full »

Pain due to pancreatitis is unbearable. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My sister has been diagnosed with pancreatitis, portal vein thrombosis, and a blood clot in small intestines. Doctors cannot seem to pinpoint what is going on in her intestines/ abdomen. They have her on blood thinners. However, no clot will cause this much pain. Her pain is literally u...  Read Full »

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now