Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

What caused my face to swell?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only. Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some antihistamine drug ...  Read Full »

Why do I have fever, body pain, and rashes on the face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 year old male. I was down with fever since yesterday. My fever is ranging between 101 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. Along with fever, I have body ache and some rashes on my face. Yesterday, my platelet count was 1 lakh. Today, in CBC the platelets 1.25 lakhs, RBC 4.47 and lymphocy...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. As you develop rash along with high fever, I would like to suggest you consult a physician as early as possible. There are many causes of fever with rash and low platelet counts like dengue ...  Read Full »

My wife's calf pain aggravates at night. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 30 years old, having pain in both legs in the calf area. She is having pain throughout the day, but seems to be aggravated during night. It started two to three weeks back, but it has become severe now. She is also having pain in both heels. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain in both legs could be due to many reasons: Disease of nerves, blood vessels, deficiency of potassium can cause pain in calf and heels. Impaired blood supply to legs can also cause pain in legs. Ot...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

How to get rid of anal pain caused by hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health. As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter. I suggest tablet Acena...  Read Full »