Paranoid Schizophrenia

How to cure my husband's behavioral issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and my husband is 40 years old. We got married before nine months. My husband has been suffering from psychosis since two years, but I came to know this only after marriage. He is using Arpit 10 mg and Dyskinil. I just wanted to know about his health condition. He left...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of his complaints is suggestive that he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. It is not congenital. It begins in early adulthood most often and there is no complete cure. But, it is very much treatable with proper doses of antipsychotic medicines....  Read Full »

I hear several voices and get paranoid thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a person with psychiatric problem to enjoy married life?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about one of my relatives. She may have some psychiatric problems. First she faced a problem in her life before 10 years. She believes in different sociology and culture. She has a fantasy of smoking, drinking and living together. She does not believe in marriage. She becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will summarize the clinically relevant aspects of her case. The illness started early around the age of 17 years. It has not cleared completely until yet and she has not returned to her previous personality. The symptoms are suggestive of paranoid schizophrenia o...  Read Full »

What is Clozapine used for?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has been taking Olanzapine and Depakote for the past eight years, which has stabled him a lot. But, he suffers from panic attack when he stays with a group of people. His key worker and psychiatrist are recommending him to start usin...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

General Practitioner, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotic drug. It means that it is one of the relatively newer drugs discovered to be helpful in paranoid schizophrenia. Clozapine also has lesser side effects and is considered more effective than the typical or older antipsych...  Read Full »

How are BPD, depression, and anxiety treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently seeking help and I do not know how to go about it. I am a 17 year old ex-mental patient. I stayed in rehabilitation center multiple times and due to it causing health problems. I have been off all medicines for the past three months. It went out of hand now with my paran...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you are facing many issues at the moment. It must be very difficult for you to deal with all these at once and you are still holding on bravely. It is certainly very courageous of you. As you are seeing and hearing things and you have mentioned that you are ...  Read Full »

I am concerned about my friend's diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my friends medical diagnosis about paranoid schizophrenia is fabricated by him and resulting in unnecessary medication. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia is not easy. Proper evaluation by a psychiatrist is needed to make the final diagnosis. The individuals with schizophrenia show symptoms like hearing voices talking or voices are giving commentary, suspiciousness against anyone...  Read Full »

Will a patient with paranoid schizophrenia have delusion all through the day and night?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few doubts about schizophrenia. Will a patient with paranoid schizophrenia have delusion 24/7? Or they occur at a particular time or under situations like when they are alone doing nothing? If a schizophrenic patient is committing crimes will there be any pattern?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Delusions are fixed firm unshakable beliefs that are not in keeping with a person's cultural, social and educational background. If a person is deluded about something he has it 24x7. But that does not mean that all of his functionality will be gone. Except for the doma...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest side effect free medicine for my wife's irritating behavior.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife looks highly irritated the whole day. She screams loudly at the top of her voice the whole day, even for a small issue. She keeps criticizing and nagging people. She is 65 years old. She has asthma and in menopause.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The description of excessive irritability, shouting and grumbling is suggestive of mood disorder and most likely a mixed mood episode. There are a few more details required for proper diagnosis and treatment. Is it a first episode? Please give the history of previous ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »