Q. I get paranoid and scared when I am alone in a dark room. What should I do?

If my wife sleeps before me, I get paranoid and then cannot sleep till morning. I am generally paranoid when I am alone or in dark, otherwise. everything is normal with me. When I was a kid around 6 years old, I was attacked by a relative who was supposed to be possessed by a ghost. I was almost strangled to death by him, and after that, I never felt safe being alone. I am most paranoid while sleeping between 3 to 6 AM. Even the smallest noise scares me. I sleep 5 to 6 hours and on weekends, I sleep for 8 to 10 hours. I love sleeping, but the problem is I get paranoid and scared if my wife sleeps before me. I feel alone and scared. I only have half a teaspoon of coffee in the morning, so that I do not get too alert or paranoid at night, but some days, I am not able to sleep at night. I do sleep at 6 AM in the morning, and then get up late around 12 PM for my office. Caffeine seems to increase my paranoia. I can never sleep alone in a room, day or night. If I have to sleep, I need music or the TV on. Whenever I am alone in the dark, I keep thinking about dead people and ghosts. What should I do to turn off my paranoia?