Q. Why is my foreskin not covering my penis properly?

Answered by Dr. Vivekanandan G and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Paraphimosis or Circumcision Of Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why is my foreskin not covering my penis properly?

I am a 21 year old virgin. My foreskin is tight which has not gone down. I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend yesterday, were my foreskin came far down the penis head that was really paining and hurting me. Now, my foreskin is still back and not going up. My exposed penis is very much sensitive, like even my pants touch them also it is very much incredible for me to bear. The foreskin which has come beyond the penis head is not going back and I do have some scar wounds reddish on my foreskin. The other problem is, if I get erection it is paining for me, I do not really feel comfortable like before. I am also getting some smell around my penis, can it be smegma? What should I do? Is this a serious issue? Why is my foreskin not getting above my penis head and covering my penis like before? Is this normal? Should I go consult a doctor? I am so much confused. Please help.