Q. Why is my foreskin not covering my penis properly?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Published on Jun 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I am a 21 year old virgin. My foreskin is tight which has not gone down. I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend yesterday, were my foreskin came far down the penis head that was really paining and hurting me. Now, my foreskin is still back and not going up. My exposed penis is very much sensitive, like even my pants touch them also it is very much incredible for me to bear. The foreskin which has come beyond the penis head is not going back and I do have some scar wounds reddish on my foreskin. The other problem is, if I get erection it is paining for me, I do not really feel comfortable like before. I am also getting some smell around my penis, can it be smegma? What should I do? Is this a serious issue? Why is my foreskin not getting above my penis head and covering my penis like before? Is this normal? Should I go consult a doctor? I am so much confused. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• Do not panic if the foreskin is tight. When forcibly retracted over glans during sex, it forms rubber band like effect and prevents venous return, causing edema. This condition is called paraphimosis.
  • This can be easily reduced by applying traction, counter traction over the prepuce.
  • Please meet a urologist as soon as possible; he can do it in five minutes. Later, it is better to get circumcised, to avoid similar episodes.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Should I go now itself to a urology specialist or wait for two days to see whether the foreskin comes by giving a gentle push while shower?

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• It is better to go to urologist now itself, because as time passes by, it will become difficult to reduce.

My foreskin is tight. How can I loosen my foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My foreskin is tight and it is difficult and hurts to pull back my skin off the head when erect but goes back with less effort when not erect. How can I loosen my foreskin at home?  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Home-based treatment methods for tight foreskin (phimosis) are not recommended. Easy treatment is circumcision meaning foreskin is removed. It is a simple and safe procedure done as a day care procedure. It does not require admission also. For more information cons...  Read Full

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could not understand what made you do this practice and what benefit would you expect in this practice? There are no scientific studies available to support using this practice. Let me give my opinion. First of all, the mucous membrane is one of the highly sensit...  Read Full