Q. What are the symptoms of parasitic or worm infection?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

For the past eight months, I have had symptoms like skin rashes, occasional swollen face, difficulty breathing, vision loss, loss of appetite, lethargy, and lack of energy. I was prescribed medicines for scabies, including antibiotic ointment and ear drops, but none worked. There is no itching involved as it occurs in scabies. Do I have these symptoms because of some parasite or worm?

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

It is an allergic rash due to a worm or parasitic infestation with a secondary bacterial infection on the head area.

I suggest you take

1. Tablet Zentel (Albendazole) 400 mg only once immediately.

2. Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg once a week. Repeat the dose next week.

3. You can use Azac soap (wheat germ oil and Azelaic acid) for a bath for the next two months.

4. You can use 2 % Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin) or Mupirocin ointment twice daily in the morning and night for the next 15 days.

5. Apply Permethrin 5 % cream at night on the first and seventh day. Apply below the neck all over the body except on the genitals. Do not apply to the face and genitals.

6. Tablet Teczine-M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) once at night after food for seven days for itching.

7. You must maintain proper hygiene. For example, wash clothes separately in hot water and iron them regularly.

8. you must avoid scratching and rubbing the lesions.

9. You must bathe twice daily.

10. You must avoid sharing your personal belongings with others.

How do I get the medicines?

#

I understand your concern.

You can easily get these medicines in a nearby medical store or pharmacy.Follow up after four weeks.

|