Pars Planitis

Which is the best lens for cataract RE with pars planitis, monofocal or multifocal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have complicated cataract RE with pars planitis. My doctor started conservative treatment and after two months he advised me to go for the surgery for cataract. I wanted to go with a multifocal lens in my eye to avoid specs after surgery. But the doctor suggested me to go for monofo...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is correct in choosing monofocal as the amount of useful vision you will get would be less and the inflammatory reaction due to pars planitis may cause you to get lesser vision post surgery than what you had before it. Another option, however, is that you...  Read Full »

What is the chance of multiple sclerosis in pars planitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had burning sensations on my skin since 14 years. I am also very much sensitive to touch, which feels like my entire body is bruised all over. It is so hard to explain, but that is the best way I can put it into words. I feel inflamed all over at times. I had a brain MRI before ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. Let me explain some basics. Multiple sclerosis is found only in around 10% to 15% of people with pars planitis (eye inflammatory disease). It means that if 10 people have pars planitis then one of them will ...  Read Full »