Q. Is Patanjali hridaya amrit or Himalaya abana safe in high cholesterol patients?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have high cholesterol.

Total :250

Ldl:160

Triglyceride: 240

Hdl:41

Bp: 125/78

Local doctor gave me arjuna syrup with patanjali hridya amrit.

But, I have query that hridya amrit will affect my heart and lower my bp.

I do not have blood pressure and hridya amrit is used for high bp and high cholestrol.

Another medicine is there like himlaya abana.

Which medicine is safe and effective to use?

Himalaya abana or patanjli hirdya amrit. Please advise one of from these two.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query and saw all your reports (attachment has been removed to protect patient identity).

See, both these tablets are used for high blood pressure as well as for cardiovascular disease.

There is some difference between contents of both.

As far as your problem is concerned, your lipid profile have higher values than normal. So your physician has advised you both of these medicines, which are helpful for your problem.

You can take Patanjali hridya Amrit vati. It helps in lowering bad cholesterol and also avoid formation of plaque in between arteries. As a result, helps in keeping heart healthy.

If you feel any trouble after taking this medicine then you can stop taking it. Otherwise, take it as per your physician's advise. It will not harm you or will not lower your blood pressure.

When you perform your investigations again after some time and your cholesterol level will come to normal, then your doctor will taper off these medicines and ultimately stop these.

Along with these medicines, improve your diet and lifestyle.

Avoid oily and deep-fried food and fast food, etc. Prefer home made food and take more of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Do walk daily at least for 30 to 60 minutes a day. It will also help you in controlling your cholesterol level.

Try to do some exercise or yoga daily .

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 
1 out of 1 likes