Pcod Treatment

PCOD (polycystic ovary disease) is a common hormonal imbalance seen in women. This hormonal imbalance results in symptoms like irregular periods, excess androgen, hair fall, and multiple cysts in the ovaries. Treatment is done by prescribing medicines for irregular periods (birth control pills, Progestin therapy), hair fall (Spironolactone, Eflornithine), and lifestyle changes.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have had PCOD for the past two years and have taken medicines without improvement. What should I do to reduce my weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am around 31 years old and weigh about 80 kg. I have had PCOD for two years and have been taking medicines, but still, there is no improvement in my condition. The doctor had advised me on weight loss, but I have no idea how to do it. I want to get pregnant, but I cannot because of this ...  Read Full »

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please understand that the problem needs what are known as lifestyle changes. The basic principle is to reduce calorie intake and increase physical activity, but how to consistently do it for the long term is the problem. Please provide detail...  Read Full »

Why has my menstrual cycle length shortened from 28 to 25 days in the past year?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old female. My menstrual cycle length has shortened from 28 to 25 days. I have been getting periods every 25 days for the past year. Why has my menstrual cycle length shortened? I want to know the perfect reason. I have mild polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) in the right ...  Read Full »

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shortened menstrual cycles are due to stress, poor nutrition, low weight, obesity, and poor dietary habits. Please answer the following questions regarding polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD): Do you have hairs on your face, neck, and breast? Do you have the ultraso...  Read Full »

I have PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome) with decreased bleeding during periods. How to prevent my period's pain?

Query: Hi doctor,My first menstruation was normal. But I am suffering from PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome), and there is a decreased bleeding for the past two years. I had a non-stop period for six months. When I consulted a physician, he took a scan and prescribed medications for PCOD. After taking the m...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.1. Apart from medicines, do yoga, pranayama, and perineal exercise regularly.2. Consume flax seeds.3. Go for walks regularly.4. Avoid non-vegetarian, oily, spicy foods and rice for a few months.5. Eat tablet Amycordial (herbal extracts) twice daily for six months, tablet Kr...  Read Full »

How to manage PCOD presenting with obesity, irregular periods, fatty liver and depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old with a weight of 113 kilograms and a height of five feet eight inches. I have insulin resistance problem for 15 years. I have acanthosis nigricans with PCOD and my periods are irregular. I suffered from jaundice at the age of 10 and it has damaged my liver causing fatty...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of your problems are due to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and its complications are obesity, diabetes, facial hair, hypertension, and depression. You need to manage depression first and do a thyroid profile soon. You need to consult a gynecologist soon to mana...  Read Full »

I have stopped the PCOS medicines as they are causing nausea. Is that fine?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I have been suffering from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), due to which I am gaining weight and having a long monthly cycle. I consulted a gynecologist also but the prescribed medicines disturb me a lot. I have been taking the tablet Diane 35 and the tablet Glucophage....  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern. However, the treatment of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is oral contraceptive pills and Metformin. You have been prescribed these two medicines and both of them are known to cause nausea. You can follow a few things which can help you with...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for irregular periods and weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.Follow ...  Read Full »

What diet plan helps women with PCOD lose weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been a PCOD patient for the last four years. I am currently taking Mychiro tablet. Previously was taking Corectia M tablet for PCOD. Recently had taken ultrasound of the abdomen to check my condition. I want a diet plan which can help me in reducing my weight. Please help. Thank ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I suggest the following: 1) Use olive oil or sunflower oil for regular cooking. You have to avoid ghee, cheese, and butter thoroughly. Use less oil for everyday cooking. 2) In the morning, I suggest 200 ml milk without sugar with ...  Read Full »

My teenage sister does not have a period from almost a year. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My younger sister, who is 15 years and five months, had her first-period last year and again had her second period a month later. But, after that, she did not have her periods at all. We consulted a gynecologist who suggested an ultrasound. The report reveals a small uterus 53.3 by 19....  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sister could be having polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It is a metabolic problem that is quite common these days. This is not a disease related to only the ovaries but the whole metabolism of the body. This usually manifests as irregular cycles, excess hair...  Read Full »

I have PCOD. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having PCOD. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is a very common condition nowadays. It is a treatable condition and will not affect your life much if the cysts are small in size. A lot depends on your lifestyle. Stress is a major factor. Eating healthy home cooked food and doing...  Read Full »

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene). Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only ...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Metformin is a very effective medicine in PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) treatment. It reduces weight, increases sensitivity to insulin and decreases androgen level. All these effects are helpful in the treatment of PCOD. But as you say it is not effective in your ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.