Q. Being a PCOD patient, I missed my period and my pregnancy test is negative. Why?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I am 23-years-old. I have irregular periods from five years. I have PCOD problem (hormonal imbalance, delay periods) three months before I consulted a doctor and gave me Ovacet and Regestrone (day16 today 25) for two months. In these two months periods are regular. Last month I used only Ovacet tablets I missed period in this month I have white discharge and back pain. The pregnancy test was negative. I am married since two years. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Patients with PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) are advised low dose hormones for regularisation of cycles. In your case, you were given estrogen (Ovacet) and progesterone (Regestron) to be eaten separately. Ovacet forms endometrium and progesterone matures it into secretory phase so that on stoppage on 25 th day, the next five days you may have your menses.

Now, this cycle you took only ovacet so only proliferative endometrium is formed, and if you are continuing ovacet even presently then in a few days, you may have some breakthrough bleeding but not what you can say menses. This missed period is because of not taking Regestron. A pregnancy test is negative, so not to worry. Start your Regestron from today for the next 10 days and wait for periods after that in the next seven days.

Another advice instead of using the hormones separately, please use tablet Ginette one od (once a day for 28 days). For six months in toto for PCOD. Maintain a menstrual calendar as well for these six months. Lose some weight. Drink plenty of water. Ginette offers better compliance and better cycle control. So rest assured you are not pregnant. For any further query, you may contact me.

Do I need to take Pause 500 to stop my heavy menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old, sexually inactive woman. My present weight is 77 kg and I have PCOD. Two months back, I tried a weight loss medication and my last period started on 12th, two months before. First I had spotting for 10 days and started bleeding heavily after that and it did not sto...  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

My pregnant test is negative but I miss my period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD, and I am planning to conceive. I am under Macfolate and Metformin tablets for the past seven months. I have regular periods for the past six months. This month, on the 11th day, I missed my period. After two days, when I checked for pregnancy, I got a negative result. Again ...  Read Full »