Q. Can I get complete cure for PCOD through Ayurveda?

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2019

I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from heavy periods for the past seven months. PCOD is diagnosed in ultrasound. Amycordial and Amree Plus are the medicines given by an ayurveda doctor. Shall I take ayurveda treatment for this? Please suggest.

#

You need to undergo a process called virechana - ayurvedic detoxification. This is a six-day therapy, works wonders on PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Consult a panchakarma specialist for physical evaluation and to undergo virechana.

The prescription suggested by your doctor has insufficient medications to get the desired results. In my opinion, please start the following medicines in addition to them. I would have been more precise if I had more details but with the information provided by you, I suggest the following.

1. Punarnavadi kashayam and Bhringaraj Kashayam - 3 tablespoons each, mix together and dilute with 10 tablespoons of water. Take it twice daily after food.
  2. Narasimha Rasayanam - 1 tablespoon twice daily before food.
  3. During periods if the flow is heavy take tablet Styplon - one tablet thrice daily after food.

Get back to me after a month of taking these medicines. Regular exercise, healthy diet with fruits and vegetables are advised too.

|