Q. Even after having a kid, my cycle is irregular due to PCOD. What to do?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 22, 2021

I have been suffering from PCOD from my puberty for about 16 years. I am blessed with a 2 year old kid after an IUI. Still, I have irregular cycle and the flow is heavy.

#

• If your hemoglobin level is normal and you do not want pregnancy now, then no need to do anything for your PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), because it is not harming your body. You can take some medicines for reducing your flow during menses.
  • And if you want regular cycle, then you have to take monthly contraceptive pills regularly and that is the only option. You will bleed also less while on tablets.
  • Just ask your doctor. He may prescribe tablets like Ethamsylate to take during menses to reduce blood flow every time.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|