Q. How do I reduce weight and improve the symptoms related to PCOD to resolve fertility issues in me?

Dr. J. N. Naidu

I am around 31 years old and weigh about 80 kg. I have had PCOD for two years and have been taking medicines, but still, there is no improvement in my condition. The doctor had advised me on weight loss, but I have no idea how to do it. I want to get pregnant, but I cannot because of this PCOD. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. Please understand that the problem needs what are known as lifestyle changes. The basic principle is to reduce calorie intake and increase physical activity, but how to consistently do it for the long term is the problem. Please provide details of medications you used and duration, nature of work, and food intake details. Also, understand that slow and steady wins the race.

|