Q. Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Pcod or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dear Doctor,

• I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene).
  • Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only once the egg ruptured, but I did not conceive.
  • From december onwards the follicles are not maturing upto required level.
  • Again during February and March my doctor put me on K-35 as my periods during past 1 year were not regular and still are irregular (I have to take tablet Norgest thrice daily for 5 days and then periods come).
  • Recently I have consulted another doctor, she has prescribed me to stop taking Metformin and instead to start on APCOD sachet (Myo-inositol) and Safegest D (dehydroepiandrosterone) and during periods Adova (Anastrozole).

But I have not yet started the medicines. I am a bit confused, whether should I totally stop Metformin and start with these new drugs?