Q. I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Dr. Sujata Mittal
Published on Sep 05, 2017

I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was late by 15 days and took Primolut and got my period after five days. This month, my due date was on the 19th. I started to get bloody mucus-like bits and pieces one week prior to 19th and till date, this is continuing. What could this possibly be? Can I have a permanent solution to this problem ever? I am frustrated with irregular periods and weight gain for 10 years now. Any amount of exercise does not show any result.

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.

Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.

Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.

Follow a vegetarian diet. 50 % of your diet should be raw fruits and veggies. Stop taking sweets.

Consult a good gynecologist and an endocrinologist.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I will get them done and share the results, but I am worried about the bloody mucus. What could be the issue?

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Get BHCG (beta-human chorionic gonadotropin) done to rule out pregnancy and if negative, get an ultrasound done.
  • Also, get urine routine.
  • If these are negative, please let me know at the earliest.

| 

What is Persinal injection used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOS and planning for pregnancy. Last month I had HSG. My doctor told that my tubes are clear. My LMP was 25 days back. This month I had Persinal injection on my 3rd, 5th and 7th day. On 9th day my follicle was at the size of 19 mm. My doctor gave an injection called Lupride on my ...  Read Full »

My pregnant test is negative but I miss my period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD, and I am planning to conceive. I am under Macfolate and Metformin tablets for the past seven months. I have regular periods for the past six months. This month, on the 11th day, I missed my period. After two days, when I checked for pregnancy, I got a negative result. Again ...  Read Full »

How to stop prolonged menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from prolonged menstrual bleeding. The bleeding did not stop for the past one month. I have PCOD and I am overweight. How to stop the bleeding? Please help.  Read Full »