HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologypcodCan I get pregnant while taking medicines for PCOD?

Is it possible to get pregnant while taking medicines for PCOD?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 24, 2018
Reviewed AtAugust 4, 2023

Patient's Query

I am 27 years now. Two years back I was diagnosed with PCOS. My weight is 132 lbs now. I consumed Met PCO care and Ginette 35 for the last two years. Here I am attaching my last USG report. I want to know if I will able to get pregnant or not and moreover, what is the last age for getting pregnant with this problem? Are these medicines good for me? Should I stop consuming all these medicines?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi

Stop Ginette (Ethinyl Estradiol) if you want to plan. You can continue with Met PCO care (D-Chiro-Inositol and Methylfolate). Do some lifestyle and dietary modifications. Stop junk food. Lose some weight. You will conceive. Fertility usually starts decreasing after 30 but people do conceive at an age of 45 even. Just relax and you can go for ovulation induction if ovulation does not occur normally.

Patient's Query

Is my PCOD condition little or fatal? What will be the normal condition if PCOD is cured? In which level does my PCOD belong? Moderate or serious? Does it indicate infertility? Am I infertile because of this?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi

PCOD is never fatal. Yes, it may cause infertility but it can be taken care of. Stop Ginette. Get a few investigations like serum TSH, prolactin, LH, FSH on day two of periods empty stomach. Husband's semen analysis. Monitoring of ovulation by ultrasound and timed intercourse once the follicle reaches a size of 18 to 20 mm.

Patient's Query

Thanks a lot. One more question. In which stage does my PCOD belong? Is it in moderate, little or very serious?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi

There is no such staging of PCOS. Lose your weight and dietary restrictions. The patient with PCOS is more prone to develop diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. So, restrict fat and sugar in the diet.

Patient's Query

According to the USG reports, am I infertile? Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi

No, you are not infertile.

Patient's Query

In what sense? Is there any chance of getting pregnant with this problem?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Joshi

No, you are not infertile. Yes, you will conceive.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Deepika Joshi
Dr. Deepika Joshi

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

pcodpregnancypcod treatment

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy