Q. Is it possible to get pregnant while taking medicines for PCOD?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
Published on Nov 09, 2018

I am 27 years now. Two years back I was diagnosed with PCOS. My weight is 60 kg now. I consumed Met PCO care and Ginette 35 for the last two years. Here I am attaching my last USG report. I want to know if I will able to get pregnant or not and moreover, what is the last age for getting pregnant with this problem? Are these medicines good for me? Should I stop consuming all these medicines?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Stop Ginette (Ethinyl Estradiol) if you want to plan. You can continue with Met PCO care (D-Chiro-Inositol and Methylfolate). Do some lifestyle and dietary modifications. Stop junk food. Lose some weight. You will conceive. Fertility usually starts decreasing after 30 but people do conceive at an age of 45 even. Just relax and you can go for ovulation induction if ovulation does not occur normally.

Is my PCOD condition little or fatal? What will be the normal condition if PCOD is cured? In which level does my PCOD belong? Moderate or serious? Does it indicate infertility? Am I infertile because of this?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

PCOD is never fatal. Yes, it may cause infertility but it can be taken care of. Stop Ginette. Get a few investigations like serum TSH, prolactin, LH, FSH on day two of periods empty stomach. Husband's semen analysis. Monitoring of ovulation by ultrasound and timed intercourse once the follicle reaches a size of 18 to 20 mm.

Thanks a lot. One more question. In which stage does my PCOD belong? Is it in moderate, little or very serious?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is no such staging of PCOS. Lose your weight and dietary restrictions. The patient with PCOS is more prone to develop diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. So, restrict fat and sugar in the diet.

According to the USG reports, am I infertile? Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

No, you are not infertile.

In what sense? Is there any chance of getting pregnant with this problem?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

No, you are not infertile. Yes, you will conceive.

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene). Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only ...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »