Q. Is my severe hair loss due to PCOD?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I am a female aged 26 years.I suffer from PCOD for the past 10 years. I have severe hair loss issues. Hair regowth is not seen much and only a few periods are irregular. Earlier new hairs grew in place of those fallen out and growth rate was high even if hair loss was severe. But now I've lost almost 80% of my hair and scalp is visible now. Lost all my baby hairs on forehead.

The main problem is no new hair growth is seen now. Eventhough I tries many remedies and took medicine, new hairs are not there that much..So.. my question is if my hormonal imbalances are regulated and maintain my health, is it possible for me to grow my hair back? As PCOD has been haunting me for those long years, I doubt whether it is possible to regrow hair like fuller. I am doing exercise and taking nutrtitious food to control pcod.

#

welcome to icliniq,

there is an association between, PCOS and hair loss (female pattern hair loss) characterised by thinking of hair in frontal and vertex areas of scalp. you might notice it by widening of midline part, as seen in your picture.

There are some inventions that can be done like trichoscopy, trichoscan if you are experiencing any menstrual abnormality, there are some blood tests that are to be done. But there is no need to worry, because after detailed evaluation and investigations, there are very effective therapies available, but there is a need for long term care and compliance to therapy.

| 

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch...  Read Article

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»