Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) affects women in their childbearing years and results in hormonal imbalance. Irregular and heavy periods, hair growth on face and body, male-pattern baldness, weight gain, etc., are the common symptoms.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have not got periods for three years. Can I have PCOD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female with two kids. The first child is seven years old and the second child is four years old. I was getting an injection for three months after my second child was born. I got it for a year and stopped it because it made me feel sick. Then I started noticing that I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the medicines and the description of your symptoms, it appears that you have a polycystic ovarian disease. In this small cysts are formed in the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalance. This causes delayed periods and even absence of periods for some time. ...  Read Full »

I have PCOD and took Meprate. Why have I not got my periods yet?

Query: Hi doctor, I had taken Meprate one month back and still have not got my periods. I have done home pregnancy test five times and beta hCG, all were negative. What can be the reason for my delay in periods? Plus my weight is 96 kg and I have PCOD and am obese. What can be the reason for delayed menst...  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD is a condition where ovary causes multiple cysts which makes menses irregular and obesity itself increases the condition. So, only Meprate will not solve the problem, you should get an LH and FSH test done and please send me your sonography report. Meanwhile, I wou...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.