Q. What ayurvedic medications can be taken along Thyronorm to cure PCOS?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

Three months back, I consulted for severe PCOS. I started with the medicines you prescribed me. I feel a lot better now. My menstrual cycle has started coming every month with the help of the medicines you prescribed. I am more than good that I have ever felt in the last six years. Emotionally very stable. Less pre-menstrual symptoms and blood pressure in control too. Kindly guide me further. My current dose of Thyronorm is 200 mg.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

It is good to hear you are feeling better now after medications. Now, you should check out your thyroid profile and USG abdomen to know the present status of TSH and ovarian cyst. Further medications would depend on the investigation reports and your symptoms. Now, you should continue the same medicines. There is a possibility to reduce or stop taking Thyronorm.

Next you should come back with latest USG lower abdomen report, thyroid profile report, lipid profile, blood pressure reports and blood sugar fasting, and PP reports.

| 

Can I make my period regular by taking Kalarchikai Choornam?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My height is 147 cm, and weight is 45 kg. I have pcod problem, but no thyroid. Now I missed my periods for three months. So, I am using kalarchikai with pepper everyday morning. I have been eating this for about 25 days now. How long should I take this for getting my pe...  Read Full »

Having PCOS since I was young. Will I be able to conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I got married before 1.5 years. I have PCOS since I was young. I remember that I had various types of medication as I did not get my periods regularly in the initial stages. My mother had taken me to many doctors, including ayurveda, homeopathy and allopathy. Before 4 y...  Read Full »

Do PCOS and SUFE have some underlying cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a couple of conditions, and I would like to enquire whether there could be an underlying cause. I am a 27 year old female, and I have recently been told I have PCOS. I am not entirely surprised, as I have painful ovulation. I am due to have a follow-up to further discuss scan resu...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now