Q. What ayurvedic medications can be taken along Thyronorm to cure PCOS?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Three months back, I consulted for severe PCOS. I started with the medicines you prescribed me. I feel a lot better now. My menstrual cycle has started coming every month with the help of the medicines you prescribed. I am more than good that I have ever felt in the last six years. Emotionally very stable. Less pre-menstrual symptoms and blood pressure in control too. Kindly guide me further. My current dose of Thyronorm is 200 mg.

Do you have a question on Pcos or Ayurvedic Cure For Pcod?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

It is good to hear you are feeling better now after medications. Now, you should check out your thyroid profile and USG abdomen to know the present status of TSH and ovarian cyst. Further medications would depend on the investigation reports and your symptoms. Now, you should continue the same medicines. There is a possibility to reduce or stop taking Thyronorm.

Next you should come back with latest USG lower abdomen report, thyroid profile report, lipid profile, blood pressure reports and blood sugar fasting, and PP reports.

Also Read Answers From: Pcos Ayurvedic Cure For Pcod

Can I make my period regular by taking Kalarchikai Choornam?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My height is 147 cm, and weight is 45 kg. I have pcod problem, but no thyroid. Now I missed my periods for three months. So, I am using kalarchikai with pepper everyday morning. I have been eating this for about 25 days now. How long should I take this for getting my pe...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to help. Kalarchikai choornam is a well-known medicine to manage PCOD. Its dose and duration depend on the condition. You should take this choornam 3 g twice a day with warm water after meals for 90 days regularly.  Read Full >>

Do PCOS and SUFE have some underlying cause?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a couple of conditions, and I would like to enquire whether there could be an underlying cause. I am a 27 year old female, and I have recently been told I have PCOS. I am not entirely surprised, as I have painful ovulation. I am due to have a follow-up to further discuss scan resu...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certainly, there is a possibility of underlying hormonal abnormalities. Scarred kidney is due to infection, that should be left apart. SUFE and (PCOS) polycystic ovaries syndrome have hormonal causes, for which you will need extensive endocrinological evaluation. You...  Read Full >>

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now