Q. I miss my best friend and feel depressed. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Peer Relationship or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I miss my best friend and feel depressed.  What to do?

I am an 18 year old boy. Last year, I made a very best friend. He was like my second half. He used to share each and everything with me.

A few months back, I saw him with his ex-girlfriend, and they were in a relationship now. He never told me that. She lives near my home, and my friend always drops her to her home, but whenever I asked him to come to my place he used to tell that it is too far away. Then we had a major fight without any violence, and we both stopped talking.

Then I started realizing that I like him so much. I miss him as he used to hold my hand in public places always. I started remaining sad the whole day. I was depressed, and I tried to commit suicide. After that, it is like at sometimes during the night I express all my warm feelings with anyone on chat, and after a few minutes, I regret it. I feel like there are two persons inside me. First I thought that it is split personality, but I do not have memory loss. Please help me. What should I do?

I hate his girlfriend. But, I am not sure whether I love my friend or not. Sometimes, I feel like I love him and after a few minutes, it is like just friendship. Am I gay? But, but I have a crush on girls also. I think I am attracted to both boys and girls. I am totally confused. Please help me.