Q. What is the movable and nontender pelvic mass at the midline?

Published on Aug 14, 2019

A 49-year-old G4P4 (4004) comes to your outpatient department because of bloatedness and abdominal enlargement for the past six months. LMP was two months back. She denies urinary nor bowel disturbances. Pelvic mass is palpated at the midline, movable and nontender, approximately measures 10 cms. Can I know the impression?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing today? History needs a few more details.

G4, you mean she is pregnant? Rule out pregnancy. Have a urine pregnancy test, you never know. Amenorrhea may be due to perimenopausal status. Mass can be a fibroid, adenomyosis, ovarian mass in the midline. Nongynecological cause like rectus divarication and bowel hernia, mesenteric cyst, mass in the bowel.

You will need to examine per speculum and manually to confirm and finally a scan to localize the mass. Since it is mobile and no other complaints, should be a benign cause.

| 

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Please read my CT scan and explain about the stomach pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stomach pain for 10 years with diarrhea and constipation. Also, there has been on and off liver pain and pain around my female area. I got married for 10 years. I had five healthy pregnancies and nine very early miscarriages in between for unknown reasons. I have a h...  Read Full »