Q. What is the movable and nontender pelvic mass at the midline?

A 49-year-old G4P4 (4004) comes to your outpatient department because of bloatedness and abdominal enlargement for the past six months. LMP was two months back. She denies urinary nor bowel disturbances. Pelvic mass is palpated at the midline, movable and nontender, approximately measures 10 cms. Can I know the impression?

Do you have a question on Pelvic Mass or Uterine Fibroid?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., DGO., DNB- OBG., MNAMS
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

How are you doing today? History needs a few more details.

G4, you mean she is pregnant? Rule out pregnancy. Have a urine pregnancy test, you never know. Amenorrhea may be due to perimenopausal status. Mass can be a fibroid, adenomyosis, ovarian mass in the midline. Nongynecological cause like rectus divarication and bowel hernia, mesenteric cyst, mass in the bowel.

You will need to examine per speculum and manually to confirm and finally a scan to localize the mass. Since it is mobile and no other complaints, should be a benign cause.

Also Read Answers From: Pelvic Mass Uterine Fibroid Hernia

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full >>
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heavy bleeding may be due to the fibroid and menopausal symptoms. Hence, we need to treat fibroid and hormonal imbalance. For your condition, I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking ...  Read Full

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full >>
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cardiovascular status that is heart and lung functions are fine, then you can go for laparoscopic surgery. That is cosmetically better and less invasive. The scar will be much bigger in open, so chances of scar rupture and dehiscence are higher in open. The pos...  Read Full

Please read my CT scan and explain about the stomach pain.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stomach pain for 10 years with diarrhea and constipation. Also, there has been on and off liver pain and pain around my female area. I got married for 10 years. I had five healthy pregnancies and nine very early miscarriages in between for unknown reasons. I have a h...  Read Full >>
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a small cyst like area in the right lobe of the liver. However, this should not be causing any pain or discomfort in the right upper abdomen. There is an evolving umbilical hernia and probably causing you to have abdominal distension. It is not something you sho...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now