Q. Why do I have frequent urination, cloudy discharge, and pelvic pain after oral sex?

Dr. Vaibhav

About a month ago, I had oral sex for no more than 45 seconds. Two days later, I experienced frequent urination, clear and cloudy discharge, and urge to urinate. It was also accompanied by pelvic pain. A couple of days later, my doctor prescribed me 1 gram of Zithromax and Doxycycline for seven days. Symptoms persisted, and I got prescribed Bactrim for seven days. I am now taking Ciprofloxacin. It has been almost a month, and I am still experiencing the same symptoms. Is this normal? If not, could this be HSV2? All tests came back negative. HSV2 swab was taken in the urethra during symptoms and discharge.

#

The symptoms described by you points towards sexually transmitted disease, and you have already taken appropriate treatment. Sometimes discharge, pelvic heaviness can persist for a few weeks. If you doubt the Herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection, I suggest you do an HSV antibodies test in blood. If it is positive then, antiviral treatment may be needed. Antibiotics may be continued for a more extended period if symptoms persist. You can also start anti-inflammatory medication after discussing it with your local urologist.

|