Penile Discharge

I have penile discharge even after having medications. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had gonorrhea or chlamydia five times. I had penile discharge before four months. I started taking Doxycycline, Azithromycin on and off for four months. When I take medicine, the discharge color changes from yellow to clear, and it is not all the time, mostly when I squeeze my penis (...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there are no signs or symptoms like fever, wound, pain, burning micturition, or active discharge, the possibility of an active infection seems to be unlikely. The thin line you are mentioning that appears on the penile tip on squeezing seems more like the lubricat...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for mild itching and bleeding on the penile tip?

Query: Hello doctor, Please help me with my issue in penis. I have mild bleeding and itching in my penis for the past three months. Nowadays, I found blood on dothi when I get up from the bed. I do not know what it is because I do not have any sexual relationship. I am unable to meet the doctor as in-pers...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is surely an infective pathology by what appears on the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To know the exact cause, I need more details. Are the lesions painful or not? Is the discharge foul-smelling or curdy? Are there any ulcers o...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for cheese-like layer formation on the foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cheese-like layer forming in the foreskin of the penis with a slight itchy feel. I have a slight strain in the groin area near the testicles but not regularly. Kindly advice. Earlier I took Levocet and Flucos tablet for 10 days and applied Candid B cream along with it. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attach the picture of the lesion for details. Any history of tight foreskin? Excess scratching and rubbing habit? Scented soap or lotion use? Any irritant chemical contact? Burning micturition? Increase in frequency? Urethral discharge? Burning pain or irritation? Oozi...  Read Full »

Even with negative GC swab and medications, I get yellow penile discharge. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a negative G/C swab. As a treatment, I took two doses of Fluconazole and Metrogyl. What can cause a yellow discharge from the penis? I do excessive masturbation and had sex with two unprotected partners.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowish discharge from the penis along with a history of unprotected sexual intercourse points towards having contracted STDs (sexually transmitted disease). The most common infection is that of gonorrhea and chlamydia, which presents with complaints of painful mic...  Read Full »

What causes red spots on penis and white discharge in foreskin after safe sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. A few days ago, I had safe sex with a condom. Now, I have two red dots on my penis. It also hurts when I urinate. When I pull down the foreskin, there is a whitish discharge. I am pretty sure I have caught some type of STD. I am freaking out and do not kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are worried. This looks like herpes but to be sure I will need a few more details. After how many days of the event did you notice these spots? Do you have any burning sensation? Are there any spots on the scrotum, lips, etc? Are you allergic t...  Read Full »

What medication is advised for odorless wetness at the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had intercourse with my girlfriend and it slipped. Also, my girl just started her menstrual cycle at about the same time. After about two weeks later, I noted slight wetness at the tip of my penis and had some irritation. I took Azithromycin three tablets. The irritation stopped, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wetness you are experiencing may not be an infection, it could be due to friction-related issue after intercourse causing some inflammation. As you have already run the tests and taken a course of antibiotics, there is not much to worry about. Observe the discha...  Read Full »

Why is there brown discharge while emptying the bowel after prostate biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a transperineal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy approximately four weeks ago. As a result of the biopsy, I have been getting a discharge of fluid from my penis when I empty my bowels. This happens usually with a hard stool. The color of the discharge is brownish. Is this a no...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anatomically prostate is located just in front of the rectum. The biopsy procedure would have caused some micro trauma with resultant bleeding. So, when a hard stool passes through the rectum, it puts pressure on the rectum thus causing the collected old blood to com...  Read Full »

Why there is a feeling of irritation when there is no abnormal penile discharge? Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a feeling of discharge from my penis from last week, but I do not see any discharge occurring. I have done a urine test and microscopic examination also, but they were normal. I do not know why I have this feeling. It is irritating me. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of discharge could be attributed to the precum if it is associated with sexual stimulation. Other than this, there is no health condition that can describe your symptoms. If the discharge is associated with sexual stimulation, nothing to worry, it is norm...  Read Full »

I am suffering from penile itching, and burning, with ocassional discharge. Kindly suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-years-old, male, married, suffering from slight penile itching and burning in the pipe (through which we urinate) at almost the end of the penis and some times little penile discharge with no color and smell, please suggest me the prescription.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your problem can mostly be due to three common reasons, 1. Infection of urine, for confirmation of which you have to do urine routine microscopic test. 2. Urethritis, which is sexually transmitted diseases, as you are married, there is a possibility, i...  Read Full »

I have irritation of foreskin and whitish discharge. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year male. Since last one month, I have been suffering from irritation of foreskin. The skin has become tight and cannot be pulled back. There has been a whitish discharge from the penis and constant irritation. I have tried using Candid B cream but there has been no improvemen...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from candidal balanoposthitis. Please send good quality photographs of the lesion taken in a natural light for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »