Penile Papule

How to know whether the wound in my penis is due to STD or chemical irritants?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I used perfume and shampoo excessively after unprotected sex. I end up with inflammation on my penis, especially the top-side opening. I have to say before that I always noticed a small wound. Just mentioning it in case it is causing problems, anyway. I went to an infec...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, there are two main things. One is unprotected sex, and the other is a chemical reaction due to the lubricant. The lubricant should be short term as the skin layer affected by the chemical injury regenerates in one week. The unprotected sex, if cause ...  Read Full »

Why are the patches and white dots on my penis head spreading?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed patches and white dots all over the head of my penis and am freaking out. I have not been sexually active for the past six months, and I was advised that this is not STD. I noticed it around three weeks ago now, and I am too embarrassed to go to the doctors. I have taken a...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you suffer from patches and white dots all over the penis' head for the last three months. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided here, you ma...  Read Full »

Will Candid-B cream help with pearly penile papules?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I suffer from PPP. I want to get rid of them, please suggest medicine. Can I use candid B cream on them? Did it happen because of any side effects? It is growing day-by-day and sometimes it also irritates.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Pearly penile papules are benign harmless lesions. Do not use self-medication. It will worsen the lesions. Attach the picture of lesion for a better clinical view.  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis of a lump on glans penis other than Fordyce's spot?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cm sized lump on the glans of my penis. It appears to be under the skin. Therefore I ruled out the possibility of it being a Fordyce spot which I appear to have and are usually on the skin. It is slightly raised while flaccid but really shows in definition when aroused. I se...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I like to inform you that from the attached images it does not look like something serious. This is applicable for almost all forms of lumps over ...  Read Full »

Can warts recur after 11 years?

Query: Hi doctor, 11 years ago, I had genital warts. As I embarrassed to go to the doctor I ordered Aldara online and it worked. My question is what if I missed a wart after all this time? I do have a few very tiny white specks on underside of the head on my penis. When I showed them to my regular physicia...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First I do want to make sure that recurrence of wart after 11 years is almost impossible. Now you can get genital wart only after exposure due to sexual contact done recently. The second possibility of untreated or remaining part of wart also impossible as in 1...  Read Full »

What does a genital wart look like?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a protected sex with escort 15 days ago. We did not kiss or do anything without a condom. Today, I noticed a bump next to my scrotum that looks like a wart. I cannot remember whether it was there before. I just noticed it today and it seems to burn. It terrifies me that it may be a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and honestly it does not seem to be anything related to sexually transmittable disease. It is not a wart too. You did not mention whether it is painful or exhibiting any other sym...  Read Full »

Can I use coconut oil on pearly penile papules?

Query: Hi doctor, For three days, I am have been having some reddish pink and white spots on the inner part of the penis. It is exactly on the corona, the under area of the head of the penis. Also, I have slight soreness on the inner part of the foreskin near the spots. It smells unpleasant. It is itchy an...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are nothing, just glands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is called a penile pearly papule. These are glands, which become enlarged. These glands are sebaceous and oil gland, which secrets fluids and keep the penile area wet. It is a normal thin...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the penis head to become red after PPP removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Six months ago, I had PPP removal from my penis head (uncircumcised) with CO2 laser. Two months ago, my penis head started to become red and now, almost half of my penis head is red in color. I noticed that there is a lot of dryness. Though I do not have PPP, sometimes,...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile pearly papule is just a normal variant. It is not a disease, so no treatment is required for it. But, you got it removed by CO2 laser. Penis skin is very sensitive area and CO2 laser always gives redness of skin. Not only penile area, but even in the normal skin ...  Read Full »

My glans became white after the use of Cortisone cream. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old with 60 kg, and 1.79 cm. My problem started as red skin on my glans, and the dermatologist told me to use Cortisone cream for two weeks, after that, my penis as had an inflammation, because I used Cortisone cream on my glans. (Now the inflammation is finished) but m...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) if you have itching need to think of fungal infection. If no itching it can be PPP (pearly penile papules). Please share a clear image as it is blurred. 1. Do you have pain? 2. Did you have recen...  Read Full »

I find something hard at two places under the skin of my penis. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. For the past 10 days, I find something hard at two places under the skin of my penis. It is very tiny and does not move with moving the skin. There is no visible lump or growth or eruption on the surface of the skin at all. It feels something fixed or stationa...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesions you are referring to are glands containing sebum, which are present sparsely over the penile skin. As and when the openings of the ducts are blocked, they feel hard but resolve on their own. You need not worry anything about them as they are benign and self...  Read Full »