Penile Papule

Will Candid-B cream help with pearly penile papules?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I suffer from PPP. I want to get rid of them, please suggest medicine. Can I use candid B cream on them? Did it happen because of any side effects? It is growing day-by-day and sometimes it also irritates.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Pearly penile papules are benign harmless lesions. Do not use self-medication. It will worsen the lesions. Attach the picture of lesion for a better clinical view.  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis of a lump on glans penis other than Fordyce's spot?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cm sized lump on the glans of my penis. It appears to be under the skin. Therefore I ruled out the possibility of it being a Fordyce spot which I appear to have and are usually on the skin. It is slightly raised while flaccid but really shows in definition when aroused. I se...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I like to inform you that from the attached images it does not look like something serious. This is applicable for almost all forms of lumps over ...  Read Full »

Can warts recur after 11 years?

Query: Hi doctor, 11 years ago, I had genital warts. As I embarrassed to go to the doctor I ordered Aldara online and it worked. My question is what if I missed a wart after all this time? I do have a few very tiny white specks on underside of the head on my penis. When I showed them to my regular physicia...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First I do want to make sure that recurrence of wart after 11 years is almost impossible. Now you can get genital wart only after exposure due to sexual contact done recently. The second possibility of untreated or remaining part of wart also impossible as in 1...  Read Full »

What does a genital wart look like?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a protected sex with escort 15 days ago. We did not kiss or do anything without a condom. Today, I noticed a bump next to my scrotum that looks like a wart. I cannot remember whether it was there before. I just noticed it today and it seems to burn. It terrifies me that it may be a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and honestly it does not seem to be anything related to sexually transmittable disease. It is not a wart too. You did not mention whether it is painful or exhibiting any other sym...  Read Full »

Can I use coconut oil on pearly penile papules?

Query: Hi doctor, For three days, I am have been having some reddish pink and white spots on the inner part of the penis. It is exactly on the corona, the under area of the head of the penis. Also, I have slight soreness on the inner part of the foreskin near the spots. It smells unpleasant. It is itchy an...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are nothing, just glands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is called a penile pearly papule. These are glands, which become enlarged. These glands are sebaceous and oil gland, which secrets fluids and keep the penile area wet. It is a normal thin...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the penis head to become red after PPP removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Six months ago, I had PPP removal from my penis head (uncircumcised) with CO2 laser. Two months ago, my penis head started to become red and now, almost half of my penis head is red in color. I noticed that there is a lot of dryness. Though I do not have PPP, sometimes,...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile pearly papule is just a normal variant. It is not a disease, so no treatment is required for it. But, you got it removed by CO2 laser. Penis skin is very sensitive area and CO2 laser always gives redness of skin. Not only penile area, but even in the normal skin ...  Read Full »

My glans became white after the use of Cortisone cream. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old with 60 kg, and 1.79 cm. My problem started as red skin on my glans, and the dermatologist told me to use Cortisone cream for two weeks, after that, my penis as had an inflammation, because I used Cortisone cream on my glans. (Now the inflammation is finished) but m...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) if you have itching need to think of fungal infection. If no itching it can be PPP (pearly penile papules). Please share a clear image as it is blurred. 1. Do you have pain? 2. Did you have recen...  Read Full »

I find something hard at two places under the skin of my penis. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. For the past 10 days, I find something hard at two places under the skin of my penis. It is very tiny and does not move with moving the skin. There is no visible lump or growth or eruption on the surface of the skin at all. It feels something fixed or stationa...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesions you are referring to are glands containing sebum, which are present sparsely over the penile skin. As and when the openings of the ducts are blocked, they feel hard but resolve on their own. You need not worry anything about them as they are benign and self...  Read Full »

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), genitals look normal clinically, skin is little dry, I do not see any rash, blister or ulcer which are the manifestation of STD. In the first picture, those white tiny bumps below the glans (...  Read Full »

After Laser Treatment of Penile Papules, My Penis Has Become Dark

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I had pearly papules on my glans penis a long time ago. I got them removed three months ago by a dermatologist with CO2 laser. Now, bottom of the glans penis is very dark purple in color. I have tried to put some gels on it, but had no success with that. I will attach ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern...  Read Full »