Q. I have some skin infection on my penis. What is it?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

In the past one month, I am noticing some skin infection on my penis skin when I pull it down. Should I see a skin specialist or sexual disease specialist?

#

• Skin specialist and STD specialist (sexually transmitted disease) are the same. So, you go to skin specialist only.
  • If you can upload photos and explain the problem.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I showed it to my doctor yesterday and he has advised me Azithromycin and Pan 40 with Quadriderm cream. But, still I would like you to check it as well.

#

• First, do not apply Quadriderm cream. It is a mixture of multiple medicines and it contains steroid too, which is very harmful.
  • I want to ask a few questions. Is it very painful? Please tell your sexual history? Have you had any sexual contact in the last one month?
  • Did blister of pus filled lesion appear? Are you taking any medicine, because it may due to drug reaction?
  • In photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is erosive lesion on the penis. So, there are two different diagnosis.
  1. Herpes.
  2. Erosion due to rubbing or contact pressure.
  • In both cases, apply T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and apply the ointment.
  • If it is herpes, then you have to take Acyclovir and if not, then just apply T-Bact cream.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

No, it is not painful. Yes, I had sex and I tried anal sex with my girlfriend without protection. There are no such blisters, but I saw a growth with whiteheads below my penis base on the outer skin and also I noticed today some tiny bumps. They are tiny, but no pus filled. And some of the whiteheads on my penis base looks like pus filled, but they are not paining and it is white in appearance without any mouth opening. For the past three weeks, I was just applying Fourderm cream and Candid powder. Today, I just took my first dose of 1 g Azithromycin and tomorrow morning I will take Pan 40 in the empty stomach. I am really living with depression, please help me out of this. Please guide me with the appropriate dosage. I am sending you the photos of outside of my penis and inside there is no such blisters or anything.

#

• There are two things in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One is a mild erosive lesion on the near tip of the penis, which is not herpes and due to rubbing while doing sex. So, for that thing just take antibiotics and T-bact cream.
  • Your second problem is whiteheads type lesion at the base of the penis. That is penile pearly papule (PPP) and that is a normal thing. It is not a disease or you got after sex.
  • It would be for many years, but noticed recently. These are glands which are prominent and totally a normal thing.
  • It secretes pre-sex mucus and lubricants, which is pre-ejaculation. It is just a normal thing and no treatment exist and required for that condition.
  • Keep the area clean and apply the cream it will go off itself. You do not have any STD. Your issues are due to too much of consciousness. So, just take it easy and complete the course. Everything will be fine.

|