Penile Yeast Infection

Although yeast infections are more common in women, men can develop a yeast infection too by having unprotected sex with a woman carrying a yeast infection. It is important to treat both partners simultaneously in case of couples. Symptoms include rashes, white creamy discharge, burning sensation and itching.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have had a white patch on my penis for the past two months. Could it be a yeast infection or vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a white patch on my penis since the last two months. I thought it was vitiligo, but I am curious to know if it is a yeast infection.Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Please answer the questions for details. Is it itchy and burning? Excess scratching and rubbing? Spreading? Moisture, occlusive wear, or friction? Improper genital hygiene? Recurrent episode?   Read Full »

I have had a recurrent fungal infection in my penis for the past month even after using cream. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a fungal infection on my penis for a month. I have been using an antifungal cream for one week, but it has increased greatly. I had used this cream for 15 days when I consulted a doctor one year back. Unfortunately, it was not cured, and I stopped using that cream. I thought...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) suggest past infection with herpes. IgM is negative, which indicates no active infection is present. I suggest the following measures that you can...  Read Full »

Does a white substance in my penis after unprotected intercourse mean HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse ten days ago. And I notice a white substance in my penis before two days. I am not sure if my partner is HIV positive. What test should I do to rule out the cause? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is candidial balanoposthitis. Kindly apply Clotrimazole cream (candid cream) twice daily in the noon and night for two weeks and apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) in the daytime for ten days. Also, take tablet Ciplox 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin) once daily for five da...  Read Full »

Can I use Daktacort hydrocortisone cream over the genital areas to treat a penile yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I use the Daktacort hydrocortisone cream bought over the counter to treat a penile yeast infection? Some online websites say it is not suitable for genital areas. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Daktacort cream, a combination of Hydrocortisone and Miconazole medications, may be helpful in treating penile yeast infection, also called Candida balanitis. Using them in sensitive private or mucosal areas, inclu...  Read Full »

How can I treat my penile foreskin infection?

Query: Hi doctor, For nine days, I have had an issue with my penis. Suddenly one day, the tip of my penile foreskin looked reddish, and my foreskin was tight, unable to pull back. Sometimes it discharges white color material automatically and there is sometimes itching inside the penis. I think it was some...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is an infection, and a combination of antibiotic and antifungal creams are required. You can clean the white material using normal saline. You can get it from the pharmacy and use Fucidin (Sodium Fusidate) in addition to Canesten (Clotrimazole) cream twice daily fo...  Read Full »

I am a 44-year-old diabetic male with itching and rashes on the penis. How to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male diabetic on oral medication. Last month I got a problem with my penis. Its skin has become hard, and I cannot move it back. I read it was phimosis and applied Betnovate, and it became normal in four to five days. However, now my sugar is high, and I have develop...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please attach a clinical image to arrive at a definitive diagnosis so I can guide you accordingly. Possible differential diagnosis could be balanoposthitis, balanitis, and genital scabies. Attach a clinical image for a proper treatment plan. Avoid Betnovate (Betameth...  Read Full »

Why is my penile infection not subsiding with Canesten cream?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an infection on my penis. I do not have any pain, burning, or itching, but it has been there for over a month now. It gets very dry, and so, I am applying Canesten cream for one week. I tested negative for all STDs. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I saw the images (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). If there was unprotected sex, we need to think of sexually transmitted infections such as Treponema pallidum infection, Herpes, Chlamydia, and HIV (huma...  Read Full »

Is it possible for the yeast infection to be sexually transmitted from my partner?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-years-old male. I have bumps on my penis with yellow pus discharge and painful testicles. I recovered from severe COVID with complications and took a series of antibiotics, steroids, and several other medications to treat COVID. My wife had a yeast infection, and we had inter...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I request you to share picture for better understanding. According to your complaints it can be a bacterial infection. I suggest you to use tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days af...  Read Full »

How to get rid of extra skin after circumcision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37-years-old male with a height of 5'8" and a weight of 260 pounds. I was circumcised at birth. But now, my penis has all the characters of an uncircumcised penis. It produces smegma, odor, and sometimes yeast infections. I am embarrassed about it, and hence I have not asked th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Kindly upload the pictures for a better understanding. Thanks.  Read Full »

How to treat red dots on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some red dots around my penis. I have already consulted a doctor for that before two years. Doctor prescribed me Clobeatsol and Propionate cream. It got cured, but again now I am getting the same problem. Kindly give me a permanent solution as these dots are increasing.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your description seems previously you were affected with a yeast infection, which leads to red dots over the glans penis known as balanitis. Predisposing factors include poor hygiene and overwashing, over-the-counter medications, and nonretraction of the foreskin. It m...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.